Search Unity

Wild Wheels (Game released)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by The_Six, Apr 24, 2015.

1. The_Six

The_Six

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    RoyalCoder and Rodolfo-Rubens like this.
  2. frankrs

frankrs

this game really looks fantastic and is fun to play. I think it might be better if there were other racers

3. The_Six

The_Six

Thank you Frankrs, Your comment is much appreciated. You are absolutely right ,other racers will be bigger addition and we will tried our best to implement it . Thank you a lot.

4. jtok4j

jtok4j

Oh wow, this has me excited for my next project, now that I've finished up Tilt-A-Cube: Origins. :)

Gonna play it now! Looks really nice!

Not sure if it's helpful to note, but there are a few packs, with cars & ai, for racing games, on the AssetStore, which might help to speed up your multi-car development . :) Good Luck!

5. The_Six

The_Six

Hi jtok4j ,

Thank you for your post and advice .
    Tilt-a-Cube is cool .Good luck

All the best

6. Badwoof

Badwoof

I tried it last night and have some comments if you're interested.
    Physics feels good, just what you want in such a racing game.

Turning music down to 0 in config works on the music there, but when you play the game, music plays regardless of setting. Not good if you don't want the music. (it's catchy but gets repetitive fast) Also, some people NEVER want game music, so if they can't turn it off, it's a deal breaker.

It really could use a quick tutorial the first time you play. The arrows are easy, but I tried pressing the slidebar on the left early on not knowing what it meant, for example. And I was looking for a finish line somewhere, but the level would seem to just end (I see it's time based now, but first couple of times seemed odd).

Really could use a pause button during race portion.

Finally pressing the back button takes me to some sort of black screen for a few seconds before it fully exits, though that's probably just my slowness on my device.

7. The_Six

The_Six

Hi Badwoof,

Thank you for playing our game and your feedback. There are valid points you mentioned in your post,Thank you .
    All the best

8. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi, the game looks good.
    What car physics system do you use ? Unity default one ?

9. The_Six

The_Six

Hi ZenGarden,
    Yeah, we used Unity default one.

zenGarden likes this.
  10. The_Six

The_Six

To be more accurate. We used unity default wheelcollider as a base and we integrated the throttle system and the collision system.
    Collision system uses the normal of the meshes in the environment, and at the moment of the impact we check the normal of the surface and we give a push on the car to make it bounce back in the road.
    For throttle we uses rigid body with forces like drag and engine power and tangential force for the sliding system.

zenGarden likes this.