Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Who to talk to in order to turn iOS/Android game into a professional looking one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dynamikey, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Hi everyone,

I've made an app but currently it looks very unprofessional. I'd like to turn it into a professional, simplistic game very similar to the ones created/stolen by Ketchapp.

Who would be the best person to speak to? Is anyone here able to provide a service? Should I ask freelancer.com?

Thank you,
    Michael

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

The forums? Just ask for feedback here. People will be more than happy to help you out if you ask politely. :):)

3. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Thanks CDDelta, but I genuinely just want to give it to someone to have a good look at and completely revamp. I've looked at it too much. Plus, my artisitic skills are terrible.

4. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

What do you think?

Attached Files:

5. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

I feel like everything's off, e.g. the colour scheme and the font etc

Martin_H likes this.
  6. Gohan1

Gohan1

can you elabortate the ketchapp stealing part cause when I play their game I feel like I have played it somewhere before

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Try a white background. Change that "heart", next buttons and score to have the same background color as the other buttons. Also clear up those weird jagged lines on your sprites and your game should look a whole lot better. Finally, try the default Arial font. Just my 2 cents. ;)

theANMATOR2b and Dynamikey like this.
  8. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Deleted User likes this.
  9. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Thanks so much for your input. I've changing it right away!!

Deleted User likes this.
  10. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Let me know what you think (attached another picture)!

Also currently, I've got a system where there's one life, but you could get more lives by watching a video ad after you've died. Is this ok?

Or do you think I should have 1 life and 1 opportunity to watch an ad and get a life?

Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Your current watch an ad to get a life after dying system is ok, it is exactly what i used for my game (link in signature ;);))

The jagged lines on the sprites are still there tho, maybe dont have any black borders on the sprites? Try to experiment with more colors and make it colorful.

Dynamikey likes this.
  12. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Just head over to commercial and put up a post for a paid artist. Make sure you do due diligence before signing up.

13. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

One life is probably a bit too aggressive. The current standard on mobile is about five lives. Or none at all and offering rewards for watching ads.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  14. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

And when posting for an artist to help out - consider explaining in detail what it is they are looking at.
    From the two images you posted - I can't tell if the things at the top spin around and collect the shapes, or if you are supposed to click on the corresponding shape that appears - what is the game-play?

You may also consider - just thinking of a theme. If the mechanics are complete and working like you want and all you have left is visuals - think of something in real life (or make believe) that you can sketch to improve the visuals. Maybe a Mommy bird catching the baby birds before they fly off the screen, or make the shapes have some variations like spikey hair and googly eyes and bugger splat.

Just some thoughts - others might suggest if the mechanics are complete - release and move on to the next game. - I suggest making an effort to improve the visuals - so the players can enjoy the experience a little more and you can enjoy looking at it a week from now.

Ryiah likes this.
  15. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I think you should hire an artist

theANMATOR2b and kaiyum like this.
  16. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Anyone in particular? Where to find? etc

17. kaiyum

kaiyum

There is no color balance here. Put it simple, your app is related to food so you want everything kinda yellow as this color helps us to raise apatite. Want to add some cold winter feelings, add color near white and blu. And everything should be consistent. Adding a bunch of different colors to make something colorful, is really a bad idea.

The UI is misleading. Three button at the left corner of screen misleads here. I think they are for next/previous of something? If so, then why 3 of them? See! I am getting wrong information because of incorrect UI.

UI color lacks details, specifically I think I am missing shade here. Font is not ok, you should change it according to the nature of your game, I am not seeing a casual desktop app, am I?

UI at top right corner are too close to each other, it could give bad user experience.

Overall message is unclear. By seeing the snapshot I can not tell, what is this app about! :(

Hope my suggestion helps.

Dynamikey likes this.
  18. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Dynamikey likes this.