Search Unity

Which resource would you offer to learn Unity for a Web Developer

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by LevyNagy, Aug 27, 2015.

1. LevyNagy

LevyNagy

Hello everybody.

I am a web developer, I am experienced in PHP and JavaScript, and a minimal knowlage of Python.

My question is, are there any resources what start from the basics? I paid for an Udemy course but the problem is it's all okay at the first Course, the other Courses jump in the deep water, and i do not really understand this, because they do not explain what it actually does, and for a beginner these infos can be to much at first.

Like they say copy this code here this will to this, if you do not understand use Mono autocmplete and read.

So anybody could recommend any beginner friendly resources?

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    steambucky likes this.
  2. Lorenei

Lorenei

Hey. I started learning Unity with book "Unity 3.x Game Development Essentials" by Will Goldstone, after which I went to http://unity3d.com/learn section. I have to say that both are great. And Learn section on Unity page got all that you need to start with. There's a lot of basic tutorials, documentation, and some are even for intermediate or advanced level which were great too. I don't know how courses on Udemy look, but I'm very grateful for all of tutorials I found here, since they were mostly easy to understand and they mostly explained each and every thing they were doing in there. :)

LevyNagy likes this.
  3. jhocking

jhocking

I wrote my book Unity in Action specifically for people who already know how to program but are new to Unity (for example, web developers). That target audience seemed to be a gap in existing learning materials; most "learn Unity" books start at the beginning of time by teaching what a variable is. Plus all the code examples are updated for the latest version of Unity!

http://www.amazon.com/Unity-Action-Multiplatform-Game-Development/dp/161729232X/

LevyNagy likes this.
  4. LevyNagy

LevyNagy