Search Unity

Which book best teaches you Unity?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by ColouredPixelsUnity, Dec 15, 2014.

1. ColouredPixelsUnity

ColouredPixelsUnity

Hello everyone! I was wondering what book I should get to start learning Unity. I know how to use a computer and I know a couple of things but I would like to know the best book to get me on the right track for scripting and design and everything. I would like it to be a real book and not kobo or kindle or whatever please.

2. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

3. ColouredPixelsUnity

ColouredPixelsUnity

4. ColouredPixelsUnity

ColouredPixelsUnity

5. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Yup! Says right on the page. Get the Alpha today and receive the final release too when it's out.

I do teach an awesome 3D game. The alpha does not come with any source code and or assets, but it teaches a wide variety of topics to help you create any type of game. The 3D game in the book is a third person survival game. There is also a 2.5D Space shooter game. Chapters 1-6 cover the complete fundamentals of programming and teach you about variables, if-statements, for loops, while loops, do while loops, switch statements, arrays, and overall comfortability with unity.

If you're interested in 2D games, check out my youtube series. (Link in sig) and you'll find a 2D course I have created.

ColouredPixelsUnity likes this.
  6. jhocking

jhocking

Another option to consider is the book I'm writing, Unity in Action www.manning.com/hocking

I'm almost done writing it, plus the majority of the book is already available early access; you get the code and chapters in pdf early, plus you get the print book when it goes out in the spring. I can't tell if you already know how to program though (you said "a couple things") and the book assumes you already know how to program, just not in Unity.

Get half off on December 17! Use code dotd121714au

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014