Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's the render settings in Unity 5?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Ravel, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Ravel

Ravel

Hey, I recently got an email from Unity to upgrade to the 5th version. So I downloaded the officila beta, but I cant change the sky. So I started searching for render settings and cant find them either. So whats up with that? Is it a beta thing or am I just blind?

Thanks!

2. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

Hello!

In early betas we had a Scene Render Settings panel and a Lightmapping panel, but both would have links or connections to each other (For example, using the current Skybox for the ambient light in a scene). So, everything in Scene Render Settings has been moved to the window called 'Lighting' where you can modify skyboxes, reflections, realtime GI, baked GI, Fog and other bits and pieces. :)

3. Ravel

Ravel

Thanks!
    I was just about to post, that I found an alternative way to change the sky in the examples,
    SampleScenes/Materials/SkyboxProcedural material.

But now I will check out the lighting bit :)
    Also will screen space reflections make it to Unity5 or do I have to do it myself?
    Since I'm currently learning screenspace stuff, GI, Reflections AO etc. etc.

4. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Questions with the Unity 5 Beta need to be kept in the Beta forum.

5. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

It will not be a part of 5.0, but hopefully it will land to 5.1

SunnySunshine and Ravel like this.
  6. Ravel

Ravel

Thanks for the info!

Also, I have a question about plugins, previously it didnt matter what platform I was on, but now 32 bit plugins dont work anymore. Is there a workaround for this? Or do I have to compile my plugins in 64 bit environment aswell?

7. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Wow! I asked this in another thread and stumbled upon the answer here. So happy to know this!