Search Unity

Where are the Unity performance testers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrEsquire, Sep 21, 2015.

?

Do you think Unity do release performance tests?

1. YES

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. NO

33 vote(s)
    68.8%
  1. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Well it's because most people have a plan of some sort or subscription thing which automatically upgrades their phones. A lot of other people are geeky for the latest too, it's a thing I guess.

Shushustorm likes this.
  2. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

I have an IPhone 4 for testing and an IPad2 for my stage works and on the IPad2 after some updates even the internal keyboard from an XCode-project (not unity) slowed down to about 1 key per second. Your IPhone 4-16fps-problem could be related to this, iOS tends to get slower on old devices with each update.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yep iOS generally gets slower every update I tried. For example the other brothers was 60fps solid on a 3GS, but with an os update performed between 45-55fps. Thanks apple!

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

Having a 45 FPS framerate drop on Android on a very popular device like a Galaxy S6 moving from 5.2 to 5.3 is not really acceptable.

What's worse is if the developer doesn't own this device, he only finds out about this issue after he gets hundreds of 1 star reviews after doing his latest update.

5.3 is a big milestone release, and should be more thoroughly tested. Sure, there will always be bugs, but not something like this that could have easily been smoke tested by the QA department on a wide variety of devices.

MrEsquire likes this.