Search Unity

Where are the terms of service for the unity master servers.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by austin_farmer90, Aug 31, 2014.

1. austin_farmer90

austin_farmer90

Like the title say's I'm looking for some rules or terms of service for the unity master servers. I looked around but I wasn't able to spot any. I'm sure there must be some regulations of some sort. Just want to know if there's anything I should know before I use them in my game.

2. welby

welby

it's not really meant for 'released' finished games as far as I know.

I saw some doc on it but it's buried now.

Basically, that master server is provided free as a way for us to test our networking in games,..is no guarantee that it will be always up and running. It may be flakey. Use at your own peril.

keep browsing these Networking threads,..go back pages,.you'll see a handful of these same questions. As well as good answers to get your own server up and running.

3. austin_farmer90

austin_farmer90

That's fine, I wasn't expecting it to be world class if it's free. I was surprised to find out there was one at all. I just wanted to make sure there's no special requirements like if more than 100 people a day use it you have to pay or something like that. Thanks for the help :)

4. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

Ok so are we able to use for small scale games but its not recommended..or not allowed period..im to the point where i have to make a decision of my networking choice but i can not seem to get a definitive answer at the most my game will allow 8 players max