Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Wheelcollider drag?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by darkAbacus247, Sep 2, 2014.

1. darkAbacus247

darkAbacus247

Yup, it's that simple. I have a wheelcollider, I place it on an empty game object and align things accordingly. Without any scripts (I'll add these soon), I'm noticing when placing the vehicle on a slop and letting it roll down, it'll roll forever. This also happens starting off on a flat surface, although hardly noticeable. No matter what I set the colliders settings to it is moving around on it's own. The idea is to eventually build a car but allow the vehicle to perform basic functions when there is no player input, such as come to a stop (when on even surface) if say the player were to jump out of the vehicle while in motion.

Question 1, Documentation states that wheelcolliders calculate drag, so why does this happen?
    Question 2, How do I correct this?

There are plenty of decent tutorials out there, I haven't found any that touch base on this area. So, I believe I've simply done something wrong. Though, all I've done is create an empty object and put a wheelcollider on it...so, yeah. I can provide videos if needed.

Thanks in advance everyone!