Search Unity

What's your biggest frustration?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by npsf3000, Feb 26, 2015.

1. npsf3000

npsf3000

What's the biggest frustration you face building awesome networked games? What holds you back, wastes your time or just isn't as easy as you'd like?

And... if it was solved, what you could do that you can't do today?

As a developer I've had many frustrations on the various projects I've worked on, and I'm now dedicating the next few weeks of my time to make it easier for you to do your job. So post below and let's get this started!

2. Neoshiftr

Neoshiftr

Making a room list (Photon Networking) with NGUI >_<

3. BFGames

BFGames

Think there is a lot of good packages for networking out there, so time is my biggest problem :D

However few of those that uses Unity instances as servers does not really handle load balancing out of the box.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. npsf3000

npsf3000

@ITGeist say I provided you with a prebuilt NGUI (or Unity GUI) room list - what would it look like, and what would having it enable you to do?

@BFGames you say time is your biggest problem - what's taking up your time?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. aanimation

aanimation

im build an MOBA using Photon network, im really frustated to store ton of item of property of Skills.
    each player have 5 skill, and each skill have 5 level, and each level have most unique values.

i dont know how to started. what method to store the data?
    is effective using xml, class, or ... ?

im confused

6. BFGames

BFGames

Its not really networking that is the biggest hurdle. Its more being a part of a 2 man coding team with a way too ambitious project :D

7. npsf3000

npsf3000

@aanimation, would it be possible to see a SSCCE of your current skills code if it exists? I'd love to help out if I can.

@BFGames what makes you say the project is too ambitious? What possible areas of difficulty are you identifying?

You're both invited to hit me up on private message skype or email for convenience or privacy.

8. BFGames

BFGames

My voxel engine takes quite some time.... As i said networking in our game is one of the more easy parts, thats why it was said as a joke. But was very serious with the lack of load-balancing in most packages.

9. npsf3000

npsf3000

Cool, I'll leave the voxel engine to the side for a second. What are you looking for in a load-balancing solution?

10. Neoshiftr

Neoshiftr

Showing me all rooms, with their CustomProperties and a button to join.