Search Unity

What's up with Visual Studio?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by cristo, Oct 13, 2015.

1. cristo

cristo

Hi, firstly, forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area, but seeing that the problem is the means to writing scripts in Unity, it seems like an appropriate place.

I'm used to working with earlier versions of Unity and upgraded to Unity 5.2.

I'm used to Monodevelop, but started using Visual Studio because it was with the free Personal Edition Unity 5.2.

Suddenly I go to work on some code and I can't access Visual Studio. I get the pop ups in my attached jpegs.

Isn't Visual Studio part of the Unity package like Monodevelop was?

It says there's a problem with Internet Explorer security, but I use Chrome. Any advice would be great......

VisStudioUn5.jpg
    VisStudioUn50.jpg

2. martinmr

martinmr

like the popup says your 30 days free license is expired.

the "Sorry we ran into a problem" that in your internet explorer are cookies blocked and or javascript not allowed. and when they write Internet Explorer they mean internet explorer and not or "default" browser you are using. MS Products need the IE stuff. so maybe also sign in doesn't work.

and this problem hasn't to do with writing scripts ;)

3. cristo

cristo

Yeah cheers, I might remove this thread if it's in the wrong place.
    I hope I don't end up with Bing as my default browser or something. :)

4. Baste

Baste

Just to make it clear - you can sign up for a free account and use Visual Studio as long as you want, as long as you're within the requirements for using community edition (you make less than $100K a year). The "Trial" is just a trial period before you have to get the account.

5. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

Also sofar between my community edition at home as my pro one at work, only missing feature i noticed is codelens otherwise they are the same and they both support extensions like resharper

6. cristo

cristo

Thanks for the replies people. It was just late at night. I went to try to make an FSM and visual studio did something unexpected. Anyway, I think it's all good now. I looked at buying Visual Studio and got prices like 10 grand, the pro edition I think. I just freaked out a little.:D