Search Unity

What shader should I use?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by lp6m, Sep 3, 2015.

1. lp6m

lp6m

I want to display VTK Model in Unity as ParaView.
    VTK model is a kind of 3D model format. VTK is used in ParaView. (http://www.paraview.org/)

I wrote code which load data of points, cells, cell color from VTK model(*.vtk).

But, I cannot display VTK Model like ParaView.
    What shader should I use?
    I tried using "Sprites/Default".
    The results are as follows.

Paraview:

Unity(Shader: Sprites/Default)

Paraview

Unity(Shader: Sprites/Default)

Unity(Shader: Standard)

Note:
    VTK model doesn't have the distinction between top surface and reverse surface, so I create two cells(top and reverse) with each cell.

How can I display VTKModel like Paraview in Unity?
    Please help me.
    I'm sorry for my bad english.

2. Megamind

Megamind

Hello I also would like to view VTK Paraview models in Unity3d. Have you had success yet?
    I had an idea that may lead to a solution. I read that Paraview can be used in the background of an application to power the visualization so how about Paraview outputs to the Unity3d display on a separate Layer because Unity3d can have many display layers. And then maybe auto mesh the model on another layer and then that layer can interact with the models in the regular Unity3d environment just like a normal Unity3d model. So it would be a three different layers all reacting back and forth with each other to update the display. The auto mesh of the original will be hard to get just right and a better 3d mesher will have to be used such as Tetgen which is open source. The good thing is that maybe any 3d model will work just as long Paraview and Tetgen can work with it. Anyway I would like to know any ideas you or anyone would have.

3. wechat_os_Qy075OMG40i07hWARKHeLxaGw

wechat_os_Qy075OMG40i07hWARKHeLxaGw

How do you load .vtk data to Unity?May I see your code?