Search Unity

What Is On (Secret) Sale?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tinjaw, May 12, 2016.

1. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

I notice that some assets are temporarily at a reduced price, but aren't part of any "official" asset store sales event. The issue (if you can call it that) is that they are not cataloged anywhere, and you can only find them by word of mouth or serendipity.

What I propose is that this thread be used to announce any such sales. DO NOT post to this thread if it is an official sale, like 24-hour sale, madness sale event, Level 11, etc.

And when your special price has ended, please return to this thread and update you post to say "Special Price Ended".

What do you people think?

2. Bagnol

Bagnol

It would definitely be handy to know when non 24-hour specials are happening. TerrainComposer, for example, is on sale in preparation for the new version. But there's no real notification without visiting the store page or the forum thread. Sometimes searching for the term "sale" will bring a few results, but it's not an ideal solution.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    makaka-org and recon0303 like this.
  3. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

4. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

I'd also propose that any assets in your wishlist get flagged for you when their price changes, even if it's unofficial. Right now you get a message for those items when they are part of an official sale, but otherwise nothing happens...

Publishers should have a checkbox available for this. Something like, "Notify wishlists of price change" when making price changes so they can optionally opt into this and an anti-abuse system could be integrated, preventing publishers from notifying again for another month or two.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

recon0303 and Tinjaw like this.
  6. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

@Hedgehog Team
    @nasos_333

Thanks for posting that info. I hope more vendors do too. I know there are more items on sale out there, but where?

recon0303 likes this.
  7. TonyLi

TonyLi

Tinjaw and seldom like this.
  8. seldom

seldom

Thank you Tony, I didn't know about this thread.
    If anyone wants to read more about RelationsInspector, the discussion thread is here.

Tinjaw likes this.
  9. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

hopeful and Tinjaw like this.
  10. Brity

Brity

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS is not included and i dont mention it as included. It is compatible with Sky Master though, so i create joint demos as the two packs can work together (e.g. for snow growth without any other setup on grass when using Sky Master weather)

The demo is InfiniGRASS one with a few touches from Sky Master v3, there is no mention of inclusion in the title
    "InfiniGRASS demo with Sky Master v3.0 for Sky, snow and water." The demo is clearly stated as InfiniGRASS one (at least i think :) ).

It is similar with my new joint demo as well, this is InfiniGRASS v1.7, and uses Sky Master v3.4 for clouds, fog etc. The standalone Sky Master 3.4 demo (Atoll one) will be available later.

InfiniGRASS v1.7 Demo (with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 for volume clouds-fog & river water)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/INFINIDY/INFINIGRASS/INFINIGRASSv17_SKYMASTER_DEMO.html

GI Proxy asset is included in the Sky Master ULTIMATE, as stated in the pack description.

EDIT: I just revisited the description page and i think you have a point, the demo is named InfiniGRASS Demo and this might create some confusion (even though the asset is not mentioned as included anywhere).

I will make sure to change to a more descriptive demo title in the pack description for next version. Thanks for bringing this up, it never crossed my mind that might be taken the wrong way as there was no mention of inclusion in the actual description and when in the demo it states that is InfiniGRASS demo using Sky Master for few effects.

I just wish trivial stuff like that could be changed by the publishers on the spot and not through a days long review :)

EDIT2: I think i will change the demo webpage titles in dropbox as a first step, that i can do without review and fast, adding a mention that the two are separate packs for clarity.

EDIT3: Done the change in the demos, the pack description demo will also change after the review on the store.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  12. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

ikazrima, Tinjaw and recon0303 like this.
  13. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

@Hedgehog Team @nasos_333 @seldom @TonyLi

I decided to take the plunge and by Sky Master Ultimate today. And with that, I have bought, at least, one asset from each vendor who posted here due to their (secret) sales.

I hope to see more sales posted. Do you know of any? Please post it here.

14. rrahim

rrahim

I noticed Beffio has 40% off sale for May.
    I'm not sure if the current prices reflect that as yet, but they definitely have some awesome stuff.

Tinjaw likes this.
  15. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

App Advisory is currently giving away four packages for free for a limited time only. Also Junnichi Suko is currently giving away an Iguana for free. I have many animals from him and his models and animations are among the best on the store.

Malbers, Teila and Tinjaw like this.
  16. nixter

nixter

I tried to start a thread like this at the beginning of the year, but it didn't take off. Glad to see someone else is having success. An easy trick to finding these is to search on "sale" and order by popularity or updated. I got 286 results.

Here are a few I found:

Savings - Price - Title - Category - Last Update
    70% var Publisher Artur G. 3D Models/Environments 5/16
    66% $33 Dungeon+ Pack PBR 3D Models/Environments 5/16
    50% $20 Military Bunker 3D Models/Environments 2/16
    45% $30 Realistic Nature 3D Models/Environments 5/16

Tinjaw likes this.
  17. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

18. eagle555

eagle555

Yes TerrainComposer is on sale as preparation for TC2 (basically a pre-sale).

Nathaniel

19. recon0303

recon0303

I been saying this for years, I wish they would, you have to find out by accident by searching..or if someone says something which is rare... They need this badly, this would boast sales...

BackwoodsGaming, Bagnol and Tinjaw like this.
  20. recon0303

recon0303

I would of never saw this if I didn't find another post talking about this...Thanks.... They so need a better way, otherwise publishers will miss out on sales... Like this.... I only knew about TC2 since I talk to that dev alot..But I do not talk to all devs....So they really need to add this to the site, it will be a win win for every one, and adding it to the site would not take that long, being a web developer as well....

21. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Great thread!

Tinjaw likes this.
  22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

My Monster Pack #1 and Monster Pack #3 are lowered price right now before the final monsters are finished. The Dragon Pack PBR is on sale as well, although I highly suggest waiting 4-5 days for that one...

For anyone who already has the Dragon Pack, there is an Upgrade Price available for the Human Base + Barbarian Pack, to celebrate the completion of the "Dragon Rider" animations, so you can save 33% there.

Finally, my Dungeon + Pack is discounted so I can build up a user base to give me suggestions on what to add to it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  23. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

@sfbaystudios

The Dungeon + Pack looks great at a great price. I decided to get in on the ground floor. (As they say. OMG. LOL.)

24. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

HA!

26. Kronnect

Kronnect

This is a great idea, thanks for creating this thread!

On kronnect.com almost all of our assets have some discounts (from 10% up).
    Currently World Political Map 2D Edition is available at 30% OFF.

Check them out!

BackwoodsGaming and Tinjaw like this.
  27. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Thanks for this thread! I plan on picking up the Dungeon + Pack within the next couple days.

infinitypbr and Tinjaw like this.
  28. S4G4N

S4G4N

GREAT idea

29. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

If you want beautiful environments in minutes, delivered via a battle tested and user friendly tool then check out Gaia. It will be going on sale in the next few days as well. I will be putting out a new release with more assets for you to use in your scenes to coincide with the sale.

Gaia delivers on its promises right now, is easy to use, and all assets are included and free for you to use in your games!

Grab 20160121185133 w1900h1200 x900y83z218r237.jpg

Grab 20160325092452 w1900h1200 x-147y67z-382r58.jpg

Here are some samples of what other people are doing with Gaia (with additional assets):

25501441832_ed55a6bea8_o (1).jpg

SotA_Shores_of_Malice_5.jpg

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

OH I forgot my "Mummy & Sarcophagus" pack is on sale. It's currently un-rigged and un-animated. When it gets those done, it'll go up in price, but if you get it now, you'll get the update for free. It's a great prop right now, basically.

Mummy & Sarcophagus Pack!

[I hope to make an themed set of characters with this, a pack -- there will be an upgrade from the normal (higher) price of the mummy pack to the bigger pack if I get it done -- with Anubis and maybe a beetle and perhaps a "god" of some sort]

BackwoodsGaming and AdamGoodrich like this.
  31. recon0303

recon0303

I have used this tool it's terrible!!! Just kidding, Gaia is one of the top tools for terrains .... I have worked with terrain height maps , sculpting you name it for over 10 years... Gaia, is one of the main tools I do use along with a few others. But some others I no longer use because of Gaia...

Keep up the great work Adam.!

32. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Blimey - i just read that and my heart skipped a beat!!

I have another asset I have been working on that I will be launching in a few weeks which will make a nice companion asset for anyone creating beautiful environments.

I have taken the same approach to this new asset as I have to Gaia. To make a complex and time consuming task simple, and to wrap it up in a nice user interface.

More information soon :)

33. recon0303

recon0303

Damn you Adam, you want more of my money.... lol.! You know I will have to buy it, like I do alot of terrain tools... I hope it's mobile friendly!! Can you give any hints to what your doing? lol pretty please,,, Nice UI is important, this is why I do design for UI for games for so many years since I feel to many copy old designs that do not work... or make new ones that make no sense..Gaia has a very good UI which is rare..

PS: I hope it's like RTP but for mobile.. lol..

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  34. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Nature HDRI Pack got a 50% decrease yesterday to $9.99, I only noticed because it was on my wishlist. It's possible some of his other packs were decreased as well.

S4G4N and Tinjaw like this.
  35. seldom

seldom

The 50% discount on RelationsInspector is about to end. You can still take advantage of it, as long as the price change is in the store's update queue.

S4G4N likes this.
  36. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

37. S4G4N

S4G4N

TeagansDad, jonfinlay and Tinjaw like this.
  38. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

infinitypbr likes this.
  39. ikazrima

ikazrima

Tinjaw likes this.
  40. Hormic

Hormic

TeagansDad, jonfinlay and Tinjaw like this.
  41. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey Guys,

Gaia is now on sale - please spread the word :)

Cheers,
    Adam.

TeagansDad, S4G4N, recon0303 and 2 others like this.
  42. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

I got that last week but forgot to post it here. Highly recommended especially at the discounted price.

43. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

@Distant Temples

Thanks for the post, but it doesn't meet the guidelines for this thread as it is part of an "official" Asset Store sale. It is part of the Madness Sale. So if you would please be kind enough to remove your post, it would be appreciated. I am trying to keep this thread focused. Thank you.

rrahim likes this.
  44. Distant_Temples

Distant_Temples

Whoops, My Bad I didn't even notice the Madness Sale was happening. I guess I had started looking at the store before it was posted or something. And yes with out doubt this is not the the place for official sales.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Tinjaw likes this.
  45. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

46. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

hopeful and jonfinlay like this.
  47. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

Spotted

Glyph 3D

50 % Off pre-summer sale during May

hopeful likes this.
  48. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

50. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Can't believe he's dropped that down to $6. Definitely getting that, thanks!

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Hormic, PhoenixRising1 and Tinjaw like this.