Search Unity

what is a script worth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ariusdb222, Mar 2, 2015.

1. ariusdb222

ariusdb222

I am getting help with a small script that makes biomes on the terrain the player is on, and the 8 terrains around the player...(infinite terrain script).

How much would such a script be worth in your opinions?
    And yes i suck at programming, so i'm not even gonna try it myself:p
    Thanks for your time....

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Bout 350.

DrBlort, carking1996 and novashot like this.
  3. Schneider21

Schneider21

It's not really clear... Are you asking how much you should be paying someone else who is already helping you? Or do you need help still and are wondering how much you should offer for the help?

If it's the first, I'd think the person helping you should be able to tell you what kind of compensation they'd expect, and if it's the second, you should be able to evaluate what the assistance is worth based on the time it's saving you and what your budget for your project is. There's no conversion rate for "number of lines of code to dollar" or anything.

4. Nubz

Nubz

TreeFiddy

DrBlort likes this.
  5. RichardKain

RichardKain

However much people are willing to pay for it.

But seriously, this is economics 101. You attempt to feel out the demand, and adjust the price accordingly. The more your product costs, the lower your sales will likely be. You just want to adjust the price to balance out with the demand and maximize your profit. For this you need to consider who is likely to want such a script, how many of those customers there likely are, and how rabid would the demand be for that feature.

You'll probably have to do a little bit of research and experimentation, but that's something that temporary sales are good for.

6. Arowx

Arowx

Well if you work on a $20 per hour for freelance code. It depends on how good and how fast the programmer is.