Search Unity

Weird Unity crash (DLL related)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BenouKat, Mar 17, 2015.

1. BenouKat

BenouKat

Hi everyone,

I use the libogg.dll, libvorbis.dll and libvorbisfile.dll in my project. They are 32 bit dll, so I had to download the 32 bit editor cause the DLL can't be read if not. The DLLs are working fine I can call functions without problems.

This is my code part I try to debug. I sum it up cause the problem is not code related, more DLL related. You will understand.

I wrote this into a Coroutine :

Code (CSharp):
    1. long bytesRead = NativeMethods.ov_read(ref oggfile, bufferIntPtr, 4096, 0, pcmWordSize, 1, ref logicalBitstreamRead);
    2. int framePause = 0;
    4. while (bytesRead > 0) {
    5.                 // I do my stuff...
    7.                 if(framePause >= 10) //the frame pause limit, here = 10 loop / frame
    8.                 {
    9.                             framePause = 0;
    10.                             yield return new WaitForSeconds(1f);
    11.                  }
    12.                  bytesRead = NativeMethods.ov_read(ref oggfile, bufferIntPtr, 4096, 0, pcmWordSize, 1, ref logicalBitstreamRead);
    13. }

NativeMethod.ov_read is a function from a DLL. All the params are correctly set earlier. The problem is not here. The problem is my Unity crash when I call "ov_read", the DLL function. BUT, not always !

This code will run 10 loop then wait for a second. Then : unity crash when ov_read is called at line 12. Like you will, I smell a classic IO error problem.

So i change my framePause limit line 7, and set 1 instead of 10. So the code pause every loop. I run it, first loop ok, waiting a seconde, then unity crash when ov_read is called line 12.

No matter what number I set the framePause limit I set, everytime the code pause for one second, ov_read crash unity immediatly after.
    So it's not a file or read file problem, cause I can read it 10 times in the first situation, so why not 2 times in the second try ?

There's more : if I set a higher number, like 50, the loop doesn't reach the pause and crash before.

I check the editor log and this is the stack trace :

Can someone help me, or at least tells me what's wrong ?

Thanks a lot community, please save my day :)

2. BenouKat

BenouKat

I read some documentation about ov_read, I was wondering if it's thread related. But the documentation is pretty clear, it's not.

I don't understand why pause the code result to a crash when I call my function after that. And why the editor logs say that there's a failure with my DLL ? The DLL seems to be "unlink" during runtime ?

Thanks for anyone who can help

3. leonardomt

leonardomt

Hello Benoukat, have you found a solution or further explanation for this error? Thanks

4. Jason-Michael

Jason-Michael

seems i got the same problem too and i'm googling for a workaround, but still not solved yet,