Search Unity

Weird physics2d gravity behaviour

Discussion in 'PSM' started by hjeldin, Sep 16, 2014.

1. hjeldin

hjeldin

Hi everyone.
    I'm trying to port to PSM a simple 2d runner game I've made but i'm struggling trying to understand why, despite every gravity value I set on Physics2D settings, my rigidbodies behave oddly.
    Originally I set -30 and it's working just fine on PC/mobile. On Vita I tried every value in the range from -300 to 300, but it seems that gravity is really messed up.
    So...is physics2d supported on Vita? Should I use normal 3d physix and lock the axes?

Thanks,
    Riccardo.

2. hjeldin

hjeldin

Ok, it seems reproducible by attaching an animator controller on a 2d rigidbody + sprite.
    I started afresh on a blank project, imported some pre-made animations and created a blank animation controller.
    Set one of the anims to the default one, clicked play and gravity started behaving wrong again.

I tried messing up with animators settings, it seems that disabling "Apply root motion" fixes the strange behavior.

3. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hi, could you file a bug on that (in the editor, Help menu -> Report a bug), and attach that simplified repro project you have? Then we can quickly look into the problem.
    Thanks.

4. hjeldin

hjeldin

Sure thing.
    I just uploaded the project, but no mail so far...I'll check later to give you the case number.

Thanks,
    Riccardo.

EDIT: Ok, mail just arrived. Case nr: 633932