Search Unity

webplayer for dummies

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by denmengel, Aug 27, 2014.

1. denmengel

denmengel

Just think of me as a total idiot.
    I know enough about programming to mess the whole thing up.

Can anyone give an idiots guide to putting a webplayer on wordpress.
    I've searched and tried dozens of different methods including unitydog.
    So far I can get:
    the unity logo with unable to load files
    the unity logo with "download unity player" (which errors out)
    or just a black screen with a play that eventually ends up being just a black screen.

2. jhocking

jhocking

To put a webplayer build online, first you need to upload the .unity3d file somewhere, and then you need to put HTML into your page to load that .unity3d file. Without knowing exactly what you've been doing, my first guess would be that you put the loading HTML in but didn't upload the .unity3d file, resulting in that "unable to load file" error.

So what exactly have you tried?

also, what's unitydog?

3. denmengel

denmengel

Unitydog is a plugin for wordpress which is supposed to be the webplayer. http://wordpress.org/plugins/unitydog/ That usually gives me just black. If I put the HTML by itself with the .unity3d file in the same folder I get a cant load files error. Then I don't remember what I did but I did get a download player button but If I hit that in my browser it starts loading and then I get an error saying it cant complete it. I'll set up what I did later on my test site. I already erased it. sorry. How do you reference the .unity3d file from the HTML? That seems to be what the problem is? Is it not enough just to have it in the same folder?