Search Unity

WebGL Build Target fails on linux with wine

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gnumaru, Mar 4, 2015.

1. gnumaru

gnumaru

Today I tnstalled the latest Unity 5, 32bit version, on linux with wine (using playonlinux, to be more precise). Unity 5 installs and runs as fine as unity 4.6.3 did, but trying to build the project with webgl build target results in error and produces no artifacts.

I made a new project (a 2d project, if that matters), created one single empty scene, and tryied to build it as a webgl game. Since the project is new and empty, and the only scene is also empty, it seems to be a general "running unity under wine" problem, not something specific to some project. It seems that il2cpp is to blame...

Has anyone tryied it already? has anyone made it work?

I'm using ubuntu 14.10 x86_64, and unity 5 is running under wine 1.7.37 x86.

The errors unity editor gives me after the failed build are the folowing:

=====
    InvalidOperationException: The process must exit before getting the requested information.
    System.Diagnostics.Process.get_ExitCode ()
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:get_ExitCode ()
    UnityEditor.Utils.Program.get_ExitCode () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/Program.cs:104)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunManagedProgram (System.String exe, System.String args, System.String workingDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CompilerOutputParserBase parser) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:54)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunManagedProgram (System.String exe, System.String args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:44)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.PatchAssemblies () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:349)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.Run () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:271)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils.RunIl2Cpp (System.String stagingAreaData, IIl2CppPlatformProvider platformProvider, System.Action`1 modifyOutputBeforeCompile, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry runtimeClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:218)
    UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Error building Player: InvalidOperationException: The process must exit before getting the requested information.

2. gnumaru

gnumaru

I forgot to mention: trying to build with the folowing build targets work fine: webplayer, ios, windows x86, windows x86_64, mac x86, mac x86_64, mac universal, linux x86, linux x86_64 and linux universal (I have not tryied the other build targets).