Search Unity

We provide FREE online mesh simplification service for all Unity users

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by meshonline, Feb 13, 2014.

1. meshonline

meshonline

Dear customers,

We are delighted to announce that all Unity users(include Unity Free users) can use our online mesh simplification service for FREE now!
    Download from http://www.mesh-online.net/ right now! Enjoy it!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    Mauri and minhdaubu2 like this.
  2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

This looks very interesting. I haven't yet delved into the world of mobile development so bear with me if this is a silly question. If I have an asset that's designed for PC build with a large texture and high polygon mesh, can it be made suitable for mobile development by using your tool to reduce the polygon count and then change the texture to a smaller size?

3. meshonline

meshonline

Reduce the polygon count is not a problem, but you need to change the texture size manually, for example, resize your texture to 1024x1024, the size is good for iPhone or iPad.

4. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Hi i downloaded the standalone trial, i found how to zoom and rotate but i don't know how to move (pan) i tried with the right mouse button but it does nothing.

5. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i read that you have a desktop version and pro version? could you details what the desktop version cant do?
    it say 7. Support iOS and Android devices. what does that mean ?
    and does it save the animations/rig?

6. meshonline

meshonline

The desktop version can do everything, it can save the animations/rig too.
    The Professional version will not be released soon due to our marketing plan.

7. meshonline

meshonline

The current version does not support pan operation, if you have multiple parts of meshes, please click one, it will be centered automatically.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have this in my shopping cart.. just a couple of questions before I actually hit Buy.

Is this an Editor Unity Pro Only Product?
    re. "the Unity Free users can use the standalone app to simplify your 3d models."

I have unity indie.can I make LOD from within Unity's editor?

p-

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  9. meshonline

meshonline

We have three versions: Online version, Standalone version and Standard version.

Online version is FREE now, you can make LOD online from within Unity Pro/Free's editor, but you can not simplify huge 3d models.

Standalone version sells $80, it can import 3d models and export FBX files, it can simplify huge 3d models, but it only runs as a standalone application, you cannot make LOD from within Unity's editor.

Standard version sells $200, it supports both Pro and Free version of Unity, and it can simplify huge 3d models using the standalone version included, and it can make LOD from within Unity Pro's editor using the plugin, but Unity Free can not use the plugin.

We suggest Unity Free users buy the standalone version, Unity Pro users buy the standard version.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Does this not include the stand alone version? ..why would I buy it some where else for $80.
    It seems the face limit on the free version is about 6K, Not 60K..
    anything after that (6K/7K), produces "505 Error"...

Why, is it that Unity Free users can not use the Editor Plugin??
    is there really no .DLLs in unity free?? even if it not included in the build??

news to me.....

guess I need to go pro!!

p-

11. meshonline

meshonline

The online version can work with 60K vertices, you can see this in the third tutorial video, the penguin model has 14052 faces.
    Unity Free users can not use the Editor Plugin, because Unity3d only provides plugins in their pro version.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

a $200.00 price point is too much...you are not showing that type of "value"..
    Good luck, you will need it..I will take a look when it is back at $50.00...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  13. meshonline

meshonline

14. p6r

p6r

Your system works fine and it is great but :
    After I have installed it all the icons of the models (imported after it) are replaced by a blue cube !?! If I delete your plugin all the right icons are here again.
    Could you fix it, please ?
    6R

15. meshonline

meshonline

You mean this?
    bluecube.png
    This seems a Unity bug, so I have no better solution at present, you may move out the script after you have finished your job.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  16. p6r

p6r

Yes...
    OK ! Thanks for the reply.
    6R

17. meshonline

meshonline

Really affordable price for indie developers and 3d artists!
    We decide to change the price to $80, and we believe that the new price is appealing to indie developers.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

my problems: 1). the LOD assets that get returned, can not be set to read/write..this is throwing errors in amplify motion..because all objects, that have motion blur, need R/W..also assets can Not be combined at runtime with the unity mesh Combine script..because you can not read and write an asset file...I have tried..

Now I have unity pro, so I can use this..what else can I do about this Read Write issue??

Patrick

19. meshonline

meshonline

Here is what I found from their document, you should import the asset with the R/W flag at runtime, then set it to the mesh filter.
    • Graphics: Unity 4.0 adds a "Read/Write Enabled" option in Mesh import settings. When this option is turned off, it saves memory since Unity can unload a copy of mesh data in the game. However, if you are scaling or instantiating meshes at runtime with a non-uniform scale, you may have to enable "Read/Write Enabled" in their import settings. The reason is that non-uniform scaling requires the mesh data to be kept in memory. Normally we detect this at build time, but when meshes are scaled or instantiated at runtime you need to set this manually. Otherwise they might not be rendered in game builds correctly.

20. meshonline

meshonline

Mantis LOD Editor support Unity 5 now!
    This means indie developers can use it in Unity 5 personal version now!

21. schmosef

schmosef

I've just been playing with Mantis today and I really like it.

This issue is annoying though.

Has it been submitted as a bug to Unity?

It would be nice if you made a change that allowed you to turn off/on the Mantis LOD Editor GUI though a keyboard shortcut or menu selection.

Or you could move the Mantis LOD Editor to its own window. That would be great too.

22. meshonline

meshonline

The bug has been fixed in v3.0, please download it again.
    If you have a paid edition, you can upgrade to v3.0 very soon.

23. schmosef

schmosef

Thanks. I really like the workflow with Mantis. The real time preview is a big time saver. I'll definitely be buying the paid edition soon.

24. mansoor090

mansoor090

Thanks mate, i used it and it worked flawlessly. My VR game was lagging before because High LOD. now its much better ,will reduce more !

25. usernameHed

usernameHed

Hello, I have this error when I'm testing the free version:

At line 445, Mantis_Mesh child = Mantis_Meshes[tag_when_update];