Search Unity

Water (solved)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by tawdry, Dec 19, 2014.

1. tawdry

tawdry

Hi folks
    I have a number of bodies of water still water,streams and rapids or at least i would cept everytime i change one unity changes them all grrrr. I didn't prefab or duplicate them they are seperate so why can't i edit them as such. Is the only way via script or am i missing something here?

Thx

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You didn't give any details about what you're changing. If it's the material, then all objects that share a material will show changes when the material is edited, as expected. You can have different materials for different objects if you don't want that. Otherwise, need more info.

--Eric

3. tawdry

tawdry

ots the standard water /fx shader that comes with the unity pro water im on the free version but i can still use it just none of the pro stuff like reflection work. Just changed the textures. Was changing things like the speed and direction traveled .

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Yeah, as I said, you need unique materials if you don't want the changes to apply to all objects using a material.

--Eric

BenZed likes this.
  5. tawdry

tawdry

Yep I created new materials for them now and working as should be thanks sir.