Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"WarScope" (WIP)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Philiph8, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Philiph8

Philiph8

bipoddown.png Here is my first weapon, the McMillan Tac-50, in my new game called "WarScope". Have yet to add textures to it.

Masy3d likes this.
  2. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91

Any details about the game?
    Modell looks nice so far

3. Philiph8

Philiph8

It's going to be a first-person shooter, and so far it is only me making it. If you would like to join, just ask. I will be posting pictures of the level soon. The test map is an island (inspired by the DrunkenLizardGames map) with several key "conquest" points.

LazyPoet91 likes this.
  4. N1warhead

N1warhead

The models look good, but it looks like you're slabbing solid colors on it from the 3d modeling program. Which is fine. However, if you have more than 1 color you're going to be adding more draw calls. Just so you know.

It's best to unwrap the models and texture them with one texture.

Plus --- This thread should be all about your game, so you should put as much information as possible about it at the beginning so you can keep users interested in your works by knowing exactly what the game is about, what kind of game it is, what you'll be doing, if there is a storyline put that, etc. List everything you can within reasonable reading length.

But all in all - Models look great!

5. Philiph8

Philiph8

"WarScope" will be solely multiplayer, with a text range and a certain number of maps (not determined yet). The game will support 12-16 players per server. Will have 2-3 game modes: Conquest, Team Deathmatch, and Destruction (like Search and Destroy, have yet to decide whether to have that mode).

If you would like to join the FirstMoonGames team, contact FirstMoonGames on Twitter.

6. N1warhead

N1warhead

You misunderstood what I meant..... You need to put that on the very first post that way people reading the thread know what it's about. Not half way through it, because users may never find it.
    All they'll see is a bunch of pictures, which is nice, but they need to be able to read able it at first glance ont he very first post.

7. Philiph8

Philiph8

Yeah sorry I realized that after I posted that.

8. Philiph8

Philiph8

Hi everybody. I made a new thread that looks and starts off better. It's called WarScope (WIP) - Multiplayer FPS