Search Unity

warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup.BB10' is obsolete: `Use BlackBerry instead'

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Mothil, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mothil

Mothil

Okay, so I'm following Brackeys 2d tutorial, and at the end of number three in the series I got this warning.
    I rechecked the code several times, as well as copying his download to check if I made any mistakes. Seeing how I still got the warning, I believe it isn't code related. However, as I have no idea how to fix it, and it appeared after the coding, I figured this might be the place.

http://i.imgur.com/af1sYSK.png

Anybody knows how to fix this? :)

Thanks in advance,
    Mothil

2. Dantus

Dantus

Do what the warning says. Remove the obsolete BB10 with BlackBerry. If you are not a coder, you can just keep it, because it won't have any negative impact at the moment. You may get in touch with the author of the tutorial and report the warning.

3. Mothil

Mothil

I wrote to him as soon as I got the warning. I am not a coder, but I am aiming to become one in the future. Could you kindly tell me where I can remove the obsolete BB10 with BlackBerry? I am looking around in Unity, but can't say I see the solution. yet.

Thank you for the answer. :)

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/VMXobGp.png
    This removed the warnings. I have no idea if that is smart or not, though. :p

4. landon912

landon912

Kinda. Remove the commented out line and replace it with BuildTargetGroup.BlackBerry.

5. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

Unity renamed it, that is the only difference.

In earlier versions of Unity it was BB10, now they would rather you use BlackBerry.

Replace "BB10" with "BlackBerry"