Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Warlads - 3d Fighting Game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AthosK, Apr 7, 2016.

1. AthosK

AthosK

We finished our first game Carnivore Land http://store.steampowered.com/app/397860/ but no rest for the wicked! We move on (while still doing support) on our next game:

Warlads

Warlads is a 3d fighting game where it tries to solve the biggest question of our times, Ninjas vs Pirates or Samurais or Knights or Sumos or... you get the idea.

Over the next few weeks we will go into further detail about game mechanics but here's a sneak peak.
    Our first arena, the Throne Room

The throne room in motion

This week I started working on characters and animations. Here's our first one, the Pirate

Left one is without the gear, right one is how he is going to appear in game. The pistols he has attached will change every time he shoots.

Attack animations for the pirate

This is the damage animations, this will probably be shared through out most of the characters

The pirate's special ability is the flint striking ignition mechanism on his pistols

Here's a teaser for the next few weeks

Until next time,
    Cheers

p.s. This is a work in progress and nothing is final

2. etaxi341

etaxi341

Wow the environment looks freaking awesome! And your steam game is pretty cool too!

AthosK likes this.
  3. AthosK

AthosK

Thank you :)

4. AthosK

AthosK

Nothing really new, worked a bit the lighting and here's #screenshotsaturday gif

RavenOfCode likes this.
  5. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Looks quite impressive, but the sword trail renderer seems a bit choppy. Other than that the art looks fantastic and the idea sounds quite cool.

Looking forward to more! :)

theANMATOR2b and AthosK like this.
  6. AthosK

AthosK

Thank you!
    I can tweak it a lot to be even smoother and I'll probably tie that to the quality settings, I'm just not doing so just yet since I have a lot of other stuff to worry about first :p

RavenOfCode likes this.
  7. AthosK

AthosK

Continuing from the previous week, I reworked the lighting on the throne room. Changed the particles for the fire to something more “fiery” and tweak a bit the textures of some of the models.

Here’s a pic

As you can see the reflections are way more easier on the eye and the scene reads a bit better.

Also this week, started scripting the controller and have most of it down. Attacks now trigger react animations, based on the type of attack and the frequency of being attacked. Here’s a gif

The light attacks can be a combo together, so to avoid their eventual spamming, the defending player is moved out of the way if he is attacked constantly. Now of course, if he walks backwards off a cliff, that’s another story…

Heavy attacks, are charged attacks, so not only they take time to do, their use should be strategic

If you are being attacked from behind, then that also triggers a different animation

Finally, when you jump upon an enemy, you are being pushed back up (SM style) and the defender is left on a stun state, it’s length and animation depends on the weight of your character and the height you dropped from.

Here’s a gif with it

Air velocities need some tweaking.
    As always, this is a WIP and nothing is final, so until next week,
    Cheers

RavenOfCode likes this.
  8. AthosK

AthosK

A new challenger appears! The Samurai!

More refinement on the controller and animations this week and made a new character to enter the fray.
    Here’s his attack animations

Here’s the heavy attack

I’m still thinking about what his special attack can be so no gif for that yet.
    Additionally I’ve made some more reaction animations when you’re getting damaged.

The characters clipping through the snow gave me a lot of ideas too but more on that later.
    Also I haven’t mention this, but i’m leaning out of being 1vs1 but more of a free for all type of fighting game, think SMB.

Cheers

RavenOfCode and theANMATOR2b like this.