Search Unity

Warfront Defenders

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by FlyingRobot, Aug 9, 2013.

1. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

I've posted an update of the webplayer after changing the emblems. Should be viewable if you refresh the browser. Thanks again.

2. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

3. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

I meant wanting to rotate the camera around the playing field so that I can get another view. That should be implemented IMO since the field is a diorama design. Nobody wants to see a diorama in one particular view.

4. DamonLinuxPoland

DamonLinuxPoland

Hi.

Im big fan of military and this game. I come from Poland and Im use Linux.
    Your game is build on Unity engine so you should also trying release a Linux version of your game.

Is it possible? I think yes. Im realy want to see your game on Linux (I can help you in test it for Linux). Maybe nex step, you should trying add your game on Steam? Nice idea is Greenlight. You should try.

Thanks for game of Westerplatte :) AND please make a Linux version :) Is Unity (crossplatform Windows, Mac, Linux), so I think, this should be easy.

Thanks and Good Luck :)

5. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Thanks for playing the game. I'll try to make a Linux port provided you help me out. I don't have any experience in building linux for Linux. But Unity supports that and would be great to try it out.

I'd definitely try greenlight in the near future. Working towards that.

6. bambosze_babuni

bambosze_babuni

I guess it's only problem with polish font, but still:

7. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

1st rule of making a game based on actual world history: get everything right.

FlyingRobot likes this.
  8. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Yes, it would be corrected.

9. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Yes, what we need here is a busy beta cycle.

10. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Updated the web build with the correction in the name.

11. gamadgames

gamadgames

your game is great, did you made all the models, texterures etc by yourself?
    the only thing i could think of what you (maybe) should do is making the surrounding of the map.

~gamad

12. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Ya, I did all of these. Do you think the diorama base needs a surrounding? I thought it'd be unnecessary.

13. gamadgames

gamadgames

At first great job! I think you should ask more people, becouse it gives an amazing effect, but also it become just a little less realistic.

~Gamad

Ps: sorry for my english skills

14. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

Hell if I would want almost half of the videogame screen to be just pure nothingness.

15. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

This is the very playable Alpha with the complete game loop. After this I go into balancing the game, adding unlockable inventories, new enemies and weapons. But essentially, the game will remain at this basic loop.

Warfront Defenders is meant to be released as mini games. One diorama like map for every game. But, it's a challenge to make every mini game fulfilling. I hope this very first map would give that sense. At least I'm looking forward to that.

Really depending upon your feedback guys. The playtest link has a small feedback form with it. I'd really appreciate if you take 2 mins to fill it. This is absolutely critical to the development of this game.

Play the Game in the Browser over here
    http://www.warfrontdefenders.com/Webplayer/Playtest.html

A gameplay video of the Alpha 2.0.

Features Implemented till now :

1. Deployable soldiers which can move around the map from position to position.
    2. Rifle and LMG soldiers till now.
    3. Enemy has Rifle, LMG, Sniper Weapons
    4. Unlockable Health drop inventory
    5. Unlockable Barricades inventory
    6. Unlockable Ammo Drop inventory

16. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Hi guys,

I've worked on a whole lot of things I got from your feedback. The end result is Alpha2.1 (many features are still not there yet)

Play Link
    http://www.warfrontdefenders.com/Webplayer/Playtest.html

You can get the whole change list here
    https://trello.com/b/QypUoB6r/warfront-defenders

Importantly, I've changed the control schema a bit, you can now use left mouse drag, and arrow keys for navigation. Should go nicely with players on Mac. And this version is in Unity5.

Some things are still TBD. Working on it and next build will also have new features. I gave the first pass of game balancing. Looking forward to hear your feedback.

Mister-D likes this.
  17. mcunha98

mcunha98

18. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Thanks man. The navmesh must be broken over there. Will correct.

19. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Mister-D likes this.
  20. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Hi guys,

Here's the next Alpha. With some major changes.

Link : bit.ly/1ENTIo1

I'm trying the old and tested mechanic of Level Progression rather than playing by minutes. Making the progression day by day. My main concern right now is increasing the user engagement.

Apart from this, I've worked on a long list of suggestions (https://trello.com/b/QypUoB6r/warfront-defenders).

Let me know if this is looking better.

21. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

I'd say it's better from what I remember playing. That thing you did with the warship there is an interesting mechanic that could be explored across several levels (I didn't learn that the hard way; played it safe and survived; trying not to spoil anything).

FlyingRobot likes this.
  22. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Posting after a while. Reworked on several aspect of the game from scratch. The soldiers and inventory is now managed in a more simpler way. In this version there are four levels, in different setups.

Please play and let me know how the progression is looking like.

Game Webplayer
    LINK

Screenshots

23. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Hi again,

Here's another update of Alpha 5. Hoping for more feedback on this version.

Please play.

http://bit.ly/1ENTIo1

A screen collage (for those who haven't seen the same old screens)

24. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

I was actually able to survive the 1st and 2nd days unlike last time. It definitely requires some strategy. Having your riflemen in the bunker apparently does bunk; their shots never reach or completely miss (if the water is considered North, then a rifleman on the East side inside the bunker has problems hitting the enemy. I'm also not sure if the grenades are any good (blast radius looks small; can't really see any damage done).

The game does work. Whatever cosmetic changes you have planned, you should think about doing away with all the emptiness somehow. A melee attack for men in the bunker could be a cool addition since enemies get inside directly.

25. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

26. FlyingRobot

FlyingRobot

Warfront Defenders: Westerplatte is now greenlit. That too within 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the support guys. Hopefully the game will rise up to your expectations.
    Lots of changes coming, stay in touch.