Search Unity

VS "Could not copy" error

Discussion in 'Windows' started by noethis, Sep 15, 2015.

1. noethis

noethis

Trying to build to WSA 10 from VS2015 (Unity 5.2f3) and roughly half the time I'm receiving the following error when trying to build to device:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 3>C:\projects\code\Unity\WSATest\Build\WSATest\WSATest.csproj(235,5): error MSB3027: Could not copy "C:\projects\code\Unity\WSATest\bin\UWP\ARM\Debug\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" to "C:\projects\code\Unity\WSATest\bin\UWP\ARM\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll". Exceeded retry count of 10. Failed.
    2. 3>C:\projects\code\Unity\WSATest\Build\WSATest\WSATest.csproj(235,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "C:\projects\code\Unity\WSATest\bin\UWP\ARM\Debug\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" to "C:\projects\code\Unity\WSATest\bin\UWP\ARM\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll". The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.
    3. 3>C:\projects\code\Unity\WSATest\Build\WSATest\WSATest.csproj(235,5): error MSB3021:
    It seems to have to do with possibly having the build folder open in Explorer recently? If I close the folder and wait a bit then the error usually (but not always) goes away. Wondering if it also has to do with the project being on the C:\ and Windows 10 having issues with writing/permissions on C?

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

There's a know bug with Unity C# projects, unselect it in BuildSettingsWindow

3. noethis

noethis

Thanks for the quick response. So if I uncheck that, does that mean it won't generate the needed *.csproj files for WSA or what exactly is that doing?

4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Those projects are optional, if you uncheck it, Unity will precompile Assembly-*.dll's.

The primary purpose of that checkbox is to generate projects so you can easier debug scripts.