Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VRTK Steam Vr-Toolkit

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by speaker13, Aug 11, 2016.

1. speaker13

speaker13

Hello I am very new to program so do not be too tough on me. I am trying to teleport and do some other things.
    I downloaded the Steam Vr-Toolkit. I am using unity 5.4 I was trying to attach the scripts to the camerarig. Is not working. I saw that is was upload with Unity 5.3 Does with work with 5.4 or is there something I need to do thanks.

2. dotcommer

dotcommer

It definitely works in 5.4. You may be missing a script or two to get the functionality you're using to work.

For teleporting, you need the teleport script applied to the camera rig, and you need at least one of your controllers to have the controller events script and the type of pointer script you'd like to use (bezier or simple pointer). I usually go with the heightadjust teleport script for the steamVR camera rig and a parabolic (bezier) pointer.

Don't forget there are a ton of sample scenes in there you can open up and see how they work!

3. dienat

dienat

It gives the error `SteamVR_Utils' does not contain a definition for `Event' with the recent steamvr update

4. AR_Rizvi

AR_Rizvi

Hi
    I have a question
    Can i Have a Bezier and simple pointer on same controller with different button events
    if Yes then how
    as i have to move and interact with a single controller
    thanks

5. wirelessdreamer

wirelessdreamer

6. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I am Getting this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot set VR devices because the platform passed isn't supported by Unity.
    2. UnityEditorInternal.VR.VREditor:SetVREnabledDevicesOnTargetGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String[])
    3. VRTK.VRTK_SDKManager:ManageVRSettings(Boolean) (at Assets/VRTK/Scripts/Utilities/SDK/VRTK_SDKManager.cs:351)
    4. VRTK.VRTK_SDKManager:AutoManageScriptingDefineSymbolsAndManageVRSettings() (at Assets/VRTK/Scripts/Utilities/SDK/VRTK_SDKManager.cs:854)
    5. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallHierarchyWindowHasChanged()

7. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Also Grabbable Objects is broken on the current Unity build. Even the sample files don't work.