Search Unity

Voxel Pathfinding

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by FisherM, Oct 27, 2014.

1. FisherM

FisherM

I have a typical unity terrain and place 1x1 and 1x2 cubes and need ai to be able to pathfind.

I have tried
    Dynamic Pathfinding
    Apex Path
    Default A* Pathfinding Project

The pathfinding has to be able to handle multiple level and overhangs and this makes typical grid based methods... somewhat less suited.

I have had some luck with dynamic ai, however the small 1x1 cubes barely have any of the grid on them and so the ai is very buggy. I am also very unsatisfied with the ai essentially glitching when their target is directly below them.

A* by default doesn't support multi-level grids and I am not interested in purchasing a £100 asset if it isn't going to work like Apex Path and DynPath.
    Finally I'd really like

2. FisherM

FisherM

Assistance would be great, I am taking a look at Voxicity to do voxel pathfinding.
    But I'm really at a loss

3. FisherM

FisherM

Again I'd really appreciate some assistance.

4. ChrisSch

ChrisSch

5. FisherM

FisherM

if you actually read the post you'd see I have tried it.
    Unless you have some better suggestion as to how I should use it

6. ChrisSch

ChrisSch

I don't see it in your original post. Maybe you're using a different name for it. Anyway, it works for overhangs for me, I just used a simple grid, nothing else, and it just works. Used it for under bridges and inside a house.

7. pretender

pretender

I am interested in something like this. I also have level that is made of 1x1 cubes that has irregular shapes and AI should
    be able to find a path not only on one side but on all sides...I am still looking for a solution. I am not sure that it's entirely clear what you are looking for, if you are thinking like finding path for example on all sides of Rubik's cube that is the same what I was looking

8. FisherM

FisherM

I actually had to custom make a pathfinding solution, I may be able to help you or put it in the asset store

9. pretender

pretender

asset store would be great, if it's something that i could use with a reasonable price i would buy it!

10. FisherM

FisherM

In the next day or two I will put up a beta version but it'll take a week or so to have it optimized

11. pretender

pretender

any news about this?

12. FisherM

FisherM

As interest seems to persist I shall pack a version and put it up for approval on the asset store right now but it usually takes a couple of days.
    If you have any questions or what to explain your requirement I can try and determine weather this will be helpful for you.
    Jas.f.ukcmti@gmail.com

13. FisherM

FisherM

Bending Approval on the asset store now the name is
    Other Path