Search Unity

Vixen - Interactive Visuals for Enhancing User Experience

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ToolbeltTechnology, May 29, 2016.

1. ToolbeltTechnology

ToolbeltTechnology

Hi there!

My team and I are a small group of game developers, who focus on UX for games, and have created a tool to optimize the process of performing games user research.

Check out the website to register for updates on the development and future updates after release.

Vixen will be the first games user research tool on the asset store to help enhance the player’s experience through a series of quantitative and qualitative analytics.

Features will include:

Gameobject position and orientation tracking for multiple gameobjects and in-game visualizations

Webcam recording and video playback of the player playtesting the game

Audio recording and audio playback of in-game think-aloud and post game interviews/questionnaires

Custom event based tracking and in-game visualizations

More to come!

Premium Features include:

Biometrics tracking and in-game visualizations via heartrate

Physical distance from screen and in-game visualizations via Kinect 2.0

And more to come!

Screenshots have been added. We are having a delay on submission because we intend to submit this under the Services / Analytics section as we are an analytics tool and there are extra terms associated with the Services category. Some videos are still in development.

Video Links:

Top down Tank Shooter

2D Platformer

Vikings RPG (In Development)

Survival Horror (In Development)

Rouge-Like Stealth (In Development)

First How-To (This is a year old, a new video is In Development)

UPDATE

There is a question regarding how we differ from Unity Analytics. This was in development before Unity Analytics was released (The "First How-To" video you can see is Unity 4), so we have been making ourselves different with a series of different features:
    • Capturing the user's experience via webcam recordings which are played back alongside the in-game analytics data.

• Options for filtering the several playtests so developers can have an easier time analyzing the data.

• A different take on custom event tracking as we use bill boarded sprites to represent the time and location of the events.

• We have the ability to quickly implement customers feedback and suggestions since we are not working on many aspects of a game engine.

• Faster to setup for one or multiple games to record one or multiple gameobjects.

• We intend to add a new feature soon which will allow developers to include a demographics survey at the beginning of the playtest and questionnaires at the end of the playtest.

• Provides biometrics recording and visualization using the Polar H7 Bluetooth heartrate monitor.

• Measure changes in your players physical distance away from the screen (studies have suggested this is linked to player engagement) using the Kinect 2.0's depth camera.

• We intend to add a new feature that allows for eye tracking using the Tobii eye tracker to better understanding of what players are looking at on screen.

Videos and more screenshots will be posted very soon!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  2. GalacticPolarBear

GalacticPolarBear

This looks pretty cool. I can't wait to use it for the game I'm currently working on with my team.
    When are you going to upload some videos of the tool? Also, when is the tool going to be released?

3. ToolbeltTechnology

ToolbeltTechnology

Videos are in development now, they should be available next week. Vixen is going to be submitted for review next week once the final touches have been made.

James2015-1 likes this.
  4. ahmad2013

ahmad2013

Hey,

Awesome tool, can I have an access to it?

5. ahmad2013

ahmad2013

Hey, I have received your message two weeks ago, but it seems I can not reach you anymore through the unity3d message system