Search Unity

Vive - How do I push the editor window into the overlay?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Elum224, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Elum224

Elum224

I'm wondering how to push the unity editor window into the VR view so I can edit values while I can see what is changing. It's a pain in the butt to keep putting the headset on and off.

2. Object-Null

Object-Null

start steam VR and use desktop mode?

3. Elum224

Elum224

Desktop mode? I don't see an option for this. Is that in Unity or SteamVR itself?

4. Object-Null

Object-Null

What i do is.
    Start the vr app from steam. And let it run in the background. When you press play in the unity editor is starts faster. But you can also use the desktop mode. By pressing the button menu button. You get the steam screen then and under that screen says steam or desktop.

5. Elum224

Elum224

Oh wow! I didn't know this was here. Exactly what I needed! Is there a way to move the screens around? I have 3 monitors and I can't see either of them because they are too far away.

6. Object-Null

Object-Null

good you find it,
    i dont use it alot, so i really dont know if that is possible. (cant find anyhting on google yet)

7. Elum224

Elum224

Valve haven't implemented an option to move then screens around yet. Other developers are using Display Fusion to have hotkeys for disabling monitors when using the VR desktop view.

8. Clodo

Clodo

9. Object-Null

Object-Null

@Clodo nice that can be usefull to