Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vita tends to crash when the user is repeated to suspends and resumes it via the power button during

Discussion in 'PSM' started by xixgames, Jun 25, 2014.

1. xixgames

xixgames

I have this rejection subject...
    "On Stage of LEVEL8 Vita tends to crash when the user is repeated to suspends and resumes it via the power button during loads is applied"

but it really happens in all the levels not just 8, so, I think this is a thing that Unity does because the game doesnt hang other devices like iOS or Android, how do you pass the certification in PSM if the engine itself makes the game to crash when user power off - on the device?

2. PeteD

PeteD

Just so I understand this. So when the level is loading. If the vita is suspended, then Unity crashes?

If so then this is indeed a bug in Unity and if it fails certification because of it then nothing made with unity, that has any loading, will pass certification (except maybe by fluke).

Have you raised a bug as this would be a showstopper that needs to be fixed asap.

3. xixgames

xixgames

If the vita is suspended while the game is running (no matter what it is doing), then Unity makes PSVita to crash and you have to reboot it...it is very annoying...
    I have only send the report of the bug via psvita and psm forums. No response yet.

4. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

I also had the occasional crash, where i had to fully reboot vita each time to fix it, thought it was just my mac/parallels/vita that was the problem, sounds similar to my case.
    However its only when building to the vita right? The players will not be playing the game with cables, psm tools, debugger running, and not from the development vita app like we are doing.
    It could be the development app that causes it, so its not a problem for players when we release the game, or when sony team test the game either.
    It needs more looking into :)
    I can't remember the exact conditions it happens to me, sometime around building to vita, but i close the app or home button, then try un close it, it's when I'm not paying full attention haha

Edit: i also never got a bad crash like this from the old psm development app, only when i updated it to the new version a few weeks ago, so thats why i think it has something to do with the dev app ^_^

5. PeteD

PeteD

Actually isn't he saying his app was rejected because of the crash?

This would imply that it has nothing to do with being connected to either the PSM client or a usb cable to the PC.

6. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Re-read the first post and yes your right haha

7. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Any chance you can share anything with us regarding this?
    Like, either the project itself, or the project build using the "Intermediate" option?
    Or more details regarding the certification failure?

Please file a bug and state your SEN ID - maybe we can track down the information directly from SCE.
    And if you can share anything regarding the project please attach it to the bug.

UPDATE : We believe we know what is causing this. I have initiated discussions with SCE to get a fix out.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    xixgames likes this.
  8. xixgames

xixgames

I can send you the "intermediate", if I knew what is it about :rolleyes:

Ok, i can do that, can you provide me a link to save search time please? thanks.

Nice , hope they fix it soon :)

9. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I was referring to the third option in the Build Window : DevAssistant, Master and Intermediate.
    The Intermediate output is essentially a raw, unsigned file structure - a pre-exported PSM project.
    If you .zip that up and share it with us, we can then run it here to try to reproduce the problem.

SEN ID is the email login used with PSM. Knowing that I can ask SCE to see if they have additional information regarding the crash. Simply report a bug (from the editor, Help > Report a bug), and add all the details.
    Depending on how big the 'Intermediate' output is, you can either attach it to the bug, or provide a link where we can download it.

Thanks.

10. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

You might try disabling GPU skinning and see if that helps (if it indeed is the same thing we think it is).
    Disabling GPU skinning could hurt performance though - so, make sure to check that.

11. xixgames

xixgames

That actually fixed the problem.

12. PeterD

PeterD

So does this mean that you know what is causing the issue and will have a fix out for it soon?
    GPU skinning is kind of a must for anything with character animations.

13. xixgames

xixgames

well, without skinning acceleration, this game is running at 150FPS...

14. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

What was it before though?

15. xixgames

xixgames

Almost the same :)

16. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Well, now we know, since xixgames confirmed it ;)

We are working on getting a fix out as soon as possible. Ideally we also want to grab a couple of other fixes while we're at it, since there is lead time of at least 1-2 weeks when we initiate the update procedure.

17. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Will fog adjustments be possibly added into that update then?
    My shadows also seem to be quite blurry compared to iOS and Android on the Vita, other than those two things (and the gpu skinning), i can't think of anything else that i've come across that needs adjustments/fixing.

:) Which is good i guess!

Edit: fixed major spelling mistake haha gnu sknngin >_<

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  18. PeterD

PeterD

:) Excellent news.

19. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Most likely not - doing updates it a balance act.
    We don't want to jeopardize stability, and adding fog patching without having time to test it properly could be introduce regressions.

20. xixgames

xixgames

Well, the game is approved since 3 Jul ,awaiting for it to be published in the store hehe

21. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Mine took 2weeks + once approved. It was released this morning !

Attached Files:

22. xixgames

xixgames

haha, it looks very funny, ah, do you have promo codes or something like that?

23. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Thank you haha, took two days to make, icon took a lot less ;) Consider it my PSM prototype. I'm sure we all have a game that we release on new platforms to see how it all works before releasing better ones haha.
    And i don't think we can give Playstation mobile promo codes can we? Haven't seen an option, correct me if I'm wrong. :)

24. xixgames

xixgames

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  25. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh