Search Unity

Vit3D Character(s) for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vit3D, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All :)

I'm new in Unity, long time I create content for Reallusion iClone. Unity 5 has excellent visualization features and I decided to re-build some of my characters for Unity.
    The pack with first character practically ready for publication (I just need to "polish" documentation), so I decided to post some sort of "preview" here.

Here short pack description (as it will be) and some demo pictures --

GRML SF1 Greg is a character with bone-based facial animation oriented on use as Third Person in games and videos which required high resolution and close look. It used standard PBS materials and textures (Color, Metallic, Smoothness, Normal Bump, Occlusion) with 2K resolution. Normal Bump maps have micro-surface details for more natural skin and clothes look.
    Mesh resolution - 14219 Vertices, 27708 Triangular Faces.

Pack included pre-sets for facial animation:
    - Viseme (with tongue animation) for speech visualization (15);
    - Blinking cycles (0.3 to 5 sec durations);
    - Expression examples (12).
    Because character's facial animation is bone-based, You can easy construct unlimited number of custom facial expressions in any 3D editing application.

Character is compatible with Mecanim Humanoid Rig and You can use any standard motions, but, in addition, this pack also included basic motions clips specially created for this character -- Idle, Crouch, Walk, Run, Jog, Jump and pistol operations (77 animation clips).

The pack also included:
    - Sci-Fi Pistol model;
    - Avatar animation masks for layered animation;
    - Examples;
    - Documentation.

Facial animation, Expressions

Facial animation, Viseme

As I told, it'll be my first publication for Unity and any feedback (questions, comments, advises...) will be very helpful for me.
    I will try to finish all preparations and publish this content up to the end of next week...

P.S. If You wish to take a look at my works for iClone:
    http://city.reallusion.com/store/Vit3D
    http://vit3d.deviantart.com
    and some "technical" videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/Vit3Design

Cheers :)
    Vit

2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You might want to add the number of bones in the rig.

3. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi rosor,
    What do You mean ? Facial bones? Additional bones for body?
    This character has 32 facial bones and some additional bones for weapon and fine ground contact processing.
    Also it has twist (roll) bones in legs and arms and they animated in motions included in the pack , but character looks fine in motions even if You will not use them (will use standard Humanoid motions).
    So please explain what You mean?

P.S. Although character has some additional bones, the rig completely fit to "4 bones" Unity limit.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I just meant you might just need to mention how many bones the rig has. So looking at it with what you say the rig might be around 90 bones. about 56 for the body + 32 for the face + some others for the gun.
    Just tell that in the description of your product. Same for the gun, just mention if it's a skinned mesh renderer or if it's an object composed of multiple animated object etc... its polycount and bones in the rig (if any)
    If you can do it, adding a web player can be a good selling point as well since potential customer can look at your creation in real time and see how it'll look like in unity.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. Vit3D

Vit3D

Many, many thanks for recommendation, rosor!!!
    I will and skeleton specification in description. Unfortunately I have no idea how to add web player, but will try to found out :)

6. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

Just would like to inform that the pack is ready for submission and hope that soon it'll be available in the store.
    If You are interested in this product You can download and read detailed character specification (the same as in pack) attached to this post to be sure that content included in the pack fit to Your needs.

Cheers :),
    Vit

Attached Files:

7. Vit3D

Vit3D

8. Dark-Muppeteer

Dark-Muppeteer

Any intention of also releasing the female variant?

9. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi Dark Muppeteer,

Female iClone version of this character is already exists -
    http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JICb2d2e4372cf3a3bb1
    And, Yes, to transfer it to Unity is in my plans. ;)

Currently I'm working at "polishing" iClone-to-Unity transfer pipeline of my characters and male skeleton base is the first step. First of all I concentrate on implementing "modular" system which allows to construct characters from separate parts (body parts, cloth, hair etc.) like in iClone.
    Hope that soon I will publish several male packs based on this method (they practically finished) and then "move" to female character.

10. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

I'd like to inform that finally I finished next "portion" of content for Unity and it will be not single pack, but 3 packs from new "GR Modular System".
    "Key component" of this system is GRConstruct editor script which allowed to construct character from parts -- add new body and/or cloth parts to "base" character.
    Of course "part" model must be rigged to skeleton with exactly the same structure as "base" skeleton.

But back to new packs...
    First ("GRML_Base_Gregory") and second ("GRML_Base_Timothy") packs are character bases. Difference between them is in head shapes. Both "Gregory" and "Timothy" have bone-based facial animation and in packs You will find pre-defined clips for blinking, expressions and viseme (articulation).
    Each pack included complete character model and separate body parts (14 models) with removed "invisible" polygons optimized for use with different cloth models.
    Complete character model (nude) has 12621 vertices and 24956 triangular polygons.
    Although GRML character are compatible with Mecanim Humanoid Rig (and already mapped for it), packs also included basic motions (idle, walk, run, crouch, jog) and hands gesture specially tuned for GRML skeleton. Also packs included -- underwear models, pre-defined animation masks for layered animation (body + face for example), example scenes and documentation.

Third pack ("GRML_Casual_Cloth") has NO BODY PARTS at all (cloth models only !) and to use it You should have one of GRML_Base... packs.
    The pack included 11 cloth models and 41 prefabs with different fashions/colors:
    - Upper 5 (20 prefabs);
    - Lower 3 (12 prefabs);
    - Shoes 2 (6 prefabs);
    - Accessory 1 (3 prefabs).

All models in packs have GRML Skeleton:
    - Main bones - 52;
    - Twist bones - 8;
    - Facial bones - 32;
    - Weapon Dummy - 4 (optional);
    - Ground contact Dummy - 12 (optional).

Models in packs used Standard PBS materials and textures (Color, Metallic, Smoothness, Normal Bump, Occlusion) with upto 2K resolution. Normal Bump maps have micro-surface details for more natural skin and cloth look.

And at the end I'd like to show high-resolution versions of demo pictures which will be used in store.

GRML_Base_Gregory:

GRML_Base_Timothy :

Continued in the next thread...

11. Vit3D

Vit3D

GRML Casual Cloth :
    Note: As I told before, this pack DOES NOT included body parts. On pictures cloth model shown in combination with body parts from GRML_Base_Timothy pack which will be available separately.

All contents practically finished (I just need to "polish" a bit), so I hope that soon they will be published.

Cheers :)

12. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

In attach You can find Complete Documentation to these packs.

Cheers,

Attached Files:

13. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

Would like to inform that packs mentioned above now available in Asset Store:
    GRML Base Gregory
    GRML Base Timothy
    GRML Casual Cloth

Hope that You will find this content useful :)

And I'd like to say that I finished update for my first pack -- "Sci-Fi Male Scout".
    It also will be compatible with "GRML Modular System" :
    - "GRML Sci-Fi Scout Outfit" will be published as separate pack and will be constructed the same way as "GRML Casual Cloth" (Outfit without character base);
    - New version of "Sci-Fi Male Scout" pack will be some sort of "bundle" with content from 2 packs -- "GRML Base Gregory" + "GRML Sci-Fi Scout Outfit ".

Hope that such update will be more "flexible". It will be submitted for publication very soon.

Cheers,
    Vit

14. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

New version of "Sci-Fi Male Scout" pack and "GRML Sci-Fi Scout Outfit" pack have been submitted for publication.
    Hope that soon these packs will be available in Asset Store.

As usual, in attach to this post You can find complete documentation for these packs.

Cheers,
    Vit

Attached Files:

15. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

Another close to publication addition to GRML series -- male short hair.

These models rigged to GRML skeleton and can be added to character using GRML Modular System.
    Model resolution -- 4304 vertices (5086 triangular polygons).
    I used custom modification of PBS Standard (Specular) shader for not solid semi-transparent support .
    Textures resolution = 2K (Color+Transparency, Specular+Smoothness, Normal, AO)

Cheers,
    Vit

16. sicga123

sicga123

Look great. I have one of these from the Reallusion content store, plus the female game ready model you released there. Nice to see they're now available in Unity, always a pain to export them using the iClone pipeline. I've added all this stuff to the wishlist, hopefully I can pick them up soon. Fantastic models.

17. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

The interesting thing that to iClone 3D models comes from FBX or OBJ files. At least all my assets in their store. I gave them FBX files. But then people use iClon converter to convert assets from iClon to FBX and OBJ back again. Pretty strange. :)

18. sicga123

sicga123

It's not strange at all. Fully aware the models are FBX or OBJ as one can look at the content packs. Basically with iClone one has to buy an export licence and export them via the iClone pipeline software which is pretty expensive software. That's the agreement, but one has to understand the context. Reallusion provided the best lip syncing and cutscene software for small AA companies for a long time, much better than poser or Daz3D and it was by far the cheapest method of doing it, and one doesn't need to be an animator as one can buy motion packs to speed things up, and in a lot of cases that still holds true. Reallusion has been around for a long time, it's still good value compared with Face FX or Mixamo etc. as it's a one off payment not subscription If you buy a model with export licence you basically are supposed to extract it through their software, I assume they don't really care just so long as one has bought the license and has the correct software to allow extraction.

19. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Thank you for explanation, sicga123. Nice to know.

20. Vit3D

Vit3D

Sicga123 and mr_Necturus, many thanks for comments!

Think I must explain one important thing -- models in these packs for Unity ARE NOT my models from PR5 series exported using iClone 3DXchange application.

iClone standard character have very complex and specific skeleton (so called G5 type) with a lot of special controllers which work inside iClone only. As You know FBX format has no support for special controllers and if You export iClone standard character in FBX (using 3DXchange) it will lost some important features and can has skin deformation issues in motions. And this is the main reason why I do not add export license to my characters from PR5 series; because I think it's incorrect if customers will pay extra money (for license) and got half-functional products.

My characters for Unity just looks like models from PR5 series for iClone, but in fact they are absolutely different models -- they have different skeleton which can work without special bone controllers, optimized mesh with less poly counter and, of course, I have to re-build textures for PBS Unity shaders.

And remark about my GR Modular System -- it also is not the same as standard character modular system in iClone.
    iClone modular system allows to have only 5 character parts (Upper, Lower, Hands, Feet and Head) and to works correctly meshes for parts must fit some special requirements.
    GR Modular System has no restriction on parts construction and You can add as many body/cloth parts in construction process as You need. The only requirement -- all parts must be rigged to identical skeleton.

Hope that this technical details will be helpful for better understand.

Cheers,
    Vit

21. sicga123

sicga123

@Vit3D - thanks for clarifying that. I have a couple of Game ready models bought on the iClone marketplace, I believe they are yours. From my POV it's good to see these on the asset store as well as on Reallusion because iClone is pretty good for cutscenes and talking heads so to have the PR5 versions there for that and these here setup for Unity is the best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned. Exporting models from iClone locks one into the animations exported with them, having these rigged for mecanim allows a lot more possibilities for gameplay. I will be getting these soon. Have you got plans to release a couple of female models?

22. Vit3D

Vit3D

@sicga123
    I have 2 Game Ready products for iClone - "GR5_MC01 Pack" and "GR5F_Pack_01".
    If You mean these models, they have been specially created for exporting and using in the external application and tested in Unity (they used different, not G5, skeleton and rigging), so You should have no issues with them.

About using iClone for creating animation for Unity...
    Yes, iClone can be very useful for creating cut scenes and talking heads especially because it has very good and easy to use speech visualization system (just type the text and You will have lips sync). Technically it's possible to import my characters for Unity in iClone using 3DXchange, but You will need to do some extra job for preparing facial bones mapping file. Facial bones initial positions are face shape depended -- initial bone position for each shape is individual. So if You created facial animation for one head shape in iClone, exported it and will try to apply it to head with another shape in Unity, You could have some issues with skin deformation. iClone used some internal facial bone structure (like Unity Mecanim, but for face) and 3DXchange, using some special mapping FBX file, mapped custom facial bones to this internal representation; this way facial animation created for one character become compatible with other.
    Facial animation FBX files included in the GRML_Base_xxxx packs have practically all information required for constructing facial mapping FBX file for 3DXchange, but this should be done manually...
    If You will request I can make free addons which will include these mapping files and step-by-step instruction how to use 3DXchange correctly for import in iClone.

About female models...
    I finished "polishing" my iClone to Unity converting pipeline, so now practically any of mine iClone models can be converted to Unity and, of course, female models are in my plans, but as I explained, this will take some time.
    Just can say that first in the queue is PR5FL Base. By default this model has "Liza" head shape, would You like to see some other female head shapes from my PR5 series?

And, sorry if this private information, but I just wondering, what is You nick in iClone forum? :)

Cheers,
    Vit

23. sicga123

sicga123

@Vit3D - the iClone nickname is same as here sicga123. I'm not actually on the forums I don't think, but possibly you can access my member details with that nickname.

The two packs you mention are the one's I have. There are surprisingly few game ready models in the iClone content store.

I would be really grateful if you found the time to detail the use of 3DExchange to import models correctly. Certainly would like to see some further head shapes. I'll be getting both the Timothy and Gregory models and the costumes early in November which is my next payday.

To be honest at the moment I tend to do cutscenes with iClone (I recently got iClone 6) but use crazytalk for the talking heads because I have the Unity plugin but also because I tend to make 2D adventure games but use the odd 3D character in them. At the moment I have 3DExchange pipeline for iClone 5, not likely to be able to pick the latest version up until later in the year.Having these models with the detailed mouth interior and the correctly animated facial features will make a big difference to how I can do things, so I'm looking forward to you releasing more stuff.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  24. Vit3D

Vit3D

@sicga123

Just for information...
    In iC6 RL removed some useful facial animation features presented in iC5. On iC6 beta testing they told that this changes are "temporary" and promised to return them back in the future... but after all updates iC6 still has no these features. So currently iC5 has more facial animation features that iC6.
    Main difference between 3DX6 and 3DX5 is that 3DX6 can works with G6 and CC characters, all other features exactly the same if to speak about non standard and standard G5 characters.

If You will have some questions dealt with iClone, be free to contact me by PM.

Good luck,
    Vit

25. sicga123

sicga123

@Vit3D - thanks for the kind offer, I definitely will when I need to. Also good to know about iC6 because in some recent newsletter they were claiming that the lip-syncing has been radically overhauled and vastly improved, I guess I'll be sticking with iClone 5 especially as I am hoping to do the few cutscenes for this game starting in December. I would definitely be interested in the step by step guide to get models in to iClone, I have found it really difficult to get good results, it's one of the reasons I use Crazytalk for the animated heads.

The character creator looks good, but there are always hidden costs for iClone stuff.

I know you haven't put export licenses on your PR5 models but if you had, comparing the cost of using some models just in iClone or buying an export licence for them it seems to be cheaper to forego the export license and buy them in the asset store and the content marketplace if they were available in both.

I guess I will get the 3DExchange pipeline if only to use custom models from the character creator, although I have game licenses for both poser and Daz3D, reallusion have always given better results than either of those other 2. This game is done and I'm just polishing the art etc so I doubt I'll be getting the new 3DExchange this side of Christmas though.

26. Vit3D

Vit3D

27. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce small free addition to GR series -- substances based tool "GR Color Tune".

This pack includes a small substance based tool which allows users to define (using masks) up to 5 regions in color texture and tune them independently.

Color adjustment works exactly the same way as combinations of "Levels" + "Hue Saturation" filters in Photoshop, but using this tool users can do this directly in Unity and immediately see the result.

This pack will be especially useful as an addition to "GRML Casual Cloth" pack because it includes ready to use defined region masks for color textures from that pack and users will be able to easy create numerous custom cloth color combinations.

This pack already submitted for publication and hope that soon it will be available in the Store.

Best regards,
    Vit

28. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

I'd like to inform that "GR Short Hair" pack have been published and now available in the store -
    "GR Short Hair"

Cheers,
    Vit

29. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

First of all I'd like to apologize for long delay with "GR Color Tune" publication. Unfortunately content in this pack have issue on some computer configurations. This pack will be published later after I will fix this issue.

And information for those who already got some packs from GR series --

In Unity 5.3 Smoothness curve of Standard shader have been changed to matches Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag2 and, as result, some materials with Smoothness in Unity 5.3 look more mat that in Unity 5.2.
    I'm planning to re-create Smoothness textures in the future updates, but if You have Adobe Photoshop You can fix this right now.
    Here instructions:
    1. Download GR_Smooth_Fix_U52_to_U53.zip file attached to this post. Inside it You will find 2 Photoshop curves presets for fixing:
    - MS_Curve_U52_2_U53.acv -- for Standard metallic (used in most GR materials);
    - SS_Curve_U52_2_U53.acv -- for Standard specular (used in GR_Hair shader).
    2. Load xxxx_MS or xxx_SS texture file in the Photoshop.
    3. In the Channels palette select Alpha channel only.
    4. Select "Image > Adjustments > Curves" from Photoshop menu. Load corresponding preset from ZIP file and apply changes.
    5. Select "RGB" in Channels palette and save changed texture file.
    6. In Unity for MS (Metallic+Smoothness) textures "Bypass sRGB..." flag must be ON, for SS (Specular+Smoothness) -- OFF (see original texture settings).

IMPORTANT: These curves have been created only for Smoothness textures from GR packs and they are NOT oriented on use for converting any Smoothness textures from 5.2 to 5.3.

Best regards,
    Vit3D

Attached Files:

30. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All, :)

I'd like to introduce next addition to GR series which is close to publication -- GR female character.
    (Click on picture to see full resolution)

GRFL bone system (body and face) is very close to GRML male skeleton -- the only difference is in the length of bones.
    Model mesh (full body, nude) resolution is - 12481 vertices, 24676 triangular faces.
    All materials in the pack have been tuned to use with new Unity 5.3 Smoothness curve.

As GR male, GRFL Base is modular system and You can construct character from parts directly in Unity.
    Further more, GRFL Base pack will include additional body parts for constructing bases for using with 3 shoes types -- with small heels (or flat), with middle heels and with high heels.
    In construction process GRConstruct script tool automatically aligns new parts to the base, so cloth models (except shoes) can be universal.

If You have any questions or requests dealt with this character -- please ask.

Cheers,
    Vit

31. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

New female packs ( "GRFL Base Liza" and "GRFL Sci-Fi Scout Outfit") have been finished and here more pictures from them :
    (click on picture to see high resolution version)

Also I prepared update for "GR Short Hair" pack -- it will includes both male and female versions.

If You wish, You can download and read documentation for these pack (in attachment).

Hope that these products will be available soon in Asset Store.

Cheers,
    Vit

Attached Files:

32. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

I'd like to inform that I submitted updates for all previously published GR packs and practically all of them are already available in Asset Store.
    There are changes in packs:
    - Textures have been tuned to fit Unity 5.3 Smoothness curve.
    - The pack now has unified folders structure and naming rules for better compatibility with all products from GR series.

Here recommendations for those who already got some GR products, dealt with changes in folders structure.

If You got these content, but did not start any projects yet it's better to use new versions and do not install them over old ones.

If You already started to use these content in projects I'd like to recommend this update scenario:

Install new versions in the empty project.

For "GRML Casual Cloth" and "GRML Sci-Fi Scout Outfit" packs:
    Copy and replace all Metallic-Smoothness texture files; they have "MS" mark in the filename.

For "GRML Base Gregory" and "GRML Base Timothy" packs:
    Copy and replace all Metallic-Smoothness texture files; they have "MS" mark in the filename.
    Albedo (color) textures for faces and body have been tuned for more natural skin tone and, if You wish, You can replace the too; they have "C" mark in the filename.

For "GR Short Hair" pack:
    Copy and replace all Specular-Smoothness texture files; they have "SS" mark in the filename.
    GR_Hair shader from pack v1.0 works fine with Unity 5.3, but original StandardSpecular shader in v5.3 has some minor changes in comparison with v5.2. For future compatibility I made the same changes in new version of GR_Hair and I recommend to use it instead of old one.

All future GR products will have unified folders structure (as in updates) and if You planning to use them, in addition to updating steps described above, I'd like to recommend to reconstruct new GR folder structure in Your project.

Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Vit

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  33. Vit3D

Vit3D

34. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce next addition to the GR series -- Casual Cloth collection for female character.

The pack includes 9 cloth models and 40 prefabs with different fashions/colors:
    - Upper 3 (12 prefabs);
    - Lower 2 (11 prefabs);
    - Shoes 3 (12 prefabs);
    - Accessory 1 (5 prefabs).
    Model with maximal poly-counter has 3K vertices and near 6K triangular polygons.
    All GRFL series models are middle poly, and oriented on use in games and videos which required high resolution and close look. They use Standard PBS materials and textures (Color, Metallic, Smoothness, Normal Bump, Occlusion) with upto 2K resolution. Normal Bump maps have micro-surface details for more natural cloth look.

Also in pack:
    - GRConstruct editor script for adding part to avatar;
    - GRFL_BonePuppet model (used in example scenes);
    - Special image masks for color textures customization;
    - Example scene and Documentation.

And some demo pictures:
    (click to see full size)

If You wish You can download pack documentation attached to this post.

Best regards,
    Vit

Attached Files:

35. Vit3D

Vit3D

36. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

I'd like to show demo pictures for new pack -- "GRFL Female Adventurer Outfit" --
    (click to see full size)

Hope that the pack will be submitted tomorrow and, as usual, I will prepare downloadable documentation.

Best regards,
    Vit

37. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

GRFL Female Adventurer Outfit pack have been submitted today, here description:

GRFL Female Adventurer Outfit.

This pack is a part of GR Modular System which allowed to construct character from separate parts -- add new body and/or cloth parts to "base" character.

IMPORTANT: "GRFL Female Adventurer Outfit" pack does not include character model and/or body parts and to use it You should have one of "GRFL Base ..." packs. On demo pictures outfit shown with body parts from "GRFL Base Liza" pack and hair from "GR Short Hair" pack. These packs can be found in my section of store.

All GRFL series models are middle poly, and oriented on use in games and videos which required high resolution and close look. They use Standard PBS materials and textures (Color, Metallic, Smoothness, Normal Bump, Occlusion) with upto 2K resolution. Normal Bump maps have micro-surface details for more natural cloth look.
    GRFL models have identical skeleton:
    - Main bones - 52;
    - Twist bones - 8;
    - Facial bones - 32;
    - Weapon Dummy - 4 (optional);
    - Ground contact Dummy - 12 (optional).

The pack includes 10 models and 34 prefabs with different fashions/colors:
    - Upper 2 (8 prefabs);
    - Lower 2 (12 prefabs);
    - Shoes (3 modifications, 9 prefabs);
    - Holsters (2 modifications, 4 prefabs);
    - Pistol prop.

Also in pack:
    - GRConstruct editor script for adding part to avatar;
    - Motions and manipulations with pistols;
    - GRFL_BonePuppet model (used in example scenes);
    - Special image masks for color textures customization;
    - Example scenes and Documentation.

If You wish You can download pack documentation attached to this post.

Best regards,
    Vit

Attached Files:

38. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

Good news for those who already have GR characters or are planning to do this. :) --
    Rogo Digital released final version of popular product "LipSync Pro" which now has full support for bone-based facial animation, so now You can "unlock" and easy use GR characters facial animation features directly in Unity:
    - create speech visualization using phonemes clips already included in character base packs;
    - use expression presets from packs for constructing complex emotion facial animations and/or build custom expressions.

Here short demo video from LipSync developer forum post --

Also would like to remark that lite version of Liza head model included in LypSync pack and used as example of bone-based facial animation...

Best regards,
    Vit

39. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi All,

"GRFL Female Adventurer Outfit pack" now available in the Asset Store -
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/60910

Currently both male and female characters have some "basic" cloth and I continue to work at GR series.
    For me will be extremely helpful to know -- What new content You would like to see in this series? :
    - more casual cloth;
    - thematic outfits -- Business, Sport, Sci-Fi, Fantasy etc.;
    - more faces for male and female characters;
    - characters with different physique.

Your suggestions will be very useful for my work.

Cheers,
    Vit

40. Crazyshooter

Crazyshooter

41. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi Crazyshooter,

The content You pointed is cloth pack and it does not include any characters body parts. This pack is a part of my GR Modular System and to have complete character (like on demo pictures) You should have one of male base packs -- Gregory or Timothy.
    All GR characters (male and female bases) have bone-based facial animation feature and fully compatible with LipSync pack. Using LipSync You can easy create speech animation (articulation).
    If You will have some other questions or if I missed something in my answer -- do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
    Vit

42. Crazyshooter

Crazyshooter

And whether it is possible to buy somehow one suit for model?

43. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi Crazyshooter,
    Sorry, but single cloth items are not available separately, only as pack.

Cheers,
    Vit

44. joowonsome

joowonsome

Hi, I'm trying to import your clothes FBX files under GR\GRFL\Models\Cloth\GRFL_CL1 and none of them are showing up on 3dsmax 2018.

45. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi joowonsome,

I do not have 3ds Max 2018 and not able to check You problem in it.
    All FBX files in my packs have been created in 3ds Max 2011 with FBX plug-in 2013.3.
    Currently I use 3ds Max 2016 and have no problem with importing these files.
    I can suppose that problem is not in the file but in Your 3ds Max 2018 plug-in settings because my packs have been purchased several times and users never reported about such problems.

Try to use default import preset "Media & Entertainment" for FBX.
    Here example of FBX file information shown on file import:
    --------
    File Name: GRFL_CL1_PantsA.FBX
    File Directory: F:\ttt
    File Version: 7.3.0
    File Creator: FBX SDK/FBX Plugins version 2013.3

File Custom Writer: No
    File Creation Time: 2016/2/7 12:29:48
    File Axis Direction: Y-up
    File Units: Centimeters

System Axis Direction: Z-up
    System Units: Centimeters
    System frame rate: 30.0
    File frame rate: 30.0
    File content: 123 Elements, 1 Materials
    --------
    Maybe content installed incorrectly so re-installing could be helpful too.

Also take in count that GR series is Modular System which allow to add cloth (and character body parts) to character base directly in Unity. So when You import cloth file You will see skeleton and rigged cloth mesh only, but not full character with cloth.

Hope this information will be useful.

Best regards,
    Vit

46. Vit3D

Vit3D

Greetings,
    I'd like to inform You that I updated male and female base packs (Greg, Tim, Liza) and all cloth packs for them to fit Unity 2018.2.

Natively both male and female skeletons have 3 bones in spine, but Unity 5.3 Humanoid Rig (and older) supported only 2 spine bones, so I had to target character skeletons taking in count this restriction.
    New Unity Humanoid Rig supports up-to 3 spine bones and this finally "unlock" full features of GR skeleton based characters -- they have more natural spine deformation.
    In this update I re-targeted (re-mapped) all characters, cloth and motions FBX files included in packs to fit new Humanoid Rig and re-created prefabs for them.

Would like to note that FBX files themselves (and GR skeletons) have been not changed, so if You created some custom content for GR bases (cloths, motions etc.) You just need to re-targeted Your content to new Humanoid Rig definition.
    You can easy to do this using bone mapping templates included in new version of packs.

Best regards,
    Vit

47. latenightcreative

latenightcreative

Hi, thank you for your updates! I am interested in using your models for a research project. I would need to change the pupil dilation for this. Do your models have eye prefabs with a separate pupil or is it all one object? Will it be possible to change any eye-related parameters by myself?Thank you for your help.

48. Vit3D

Vit3D

Hi latenightcreative,

Natively (in 3ds Max scene) character eyes are separate meshes rigged to eyes bones, but they have been exported to FBX as parts of character. So, if I'm not mistaken, Unity does not recognize them as separate model but only as a part of model. This way I think it's impossible to create prefabs for eyes only.
    Pupil in eye is not separate mesh -- it "simulated" by eye mesh shape.
    There are 2 possible ways to change pupil dilation:
    - First (most simple) -- just change eye textures;
    - Second (more complex, but more correct) -- create and apply morphs on eye meshes and synchronously change eye textures.
    Keep in mind that You must change pupil size in all textures, not only in Base Color. This can be easy done in Photoshop.

Hope my information will be useful.
    Best regards,
    Vit

latenightcreative likes this.
  49. latenightcreative

latenightcreative

This has helped me a lot. Thank you for your response, Vit3D!

50. Vit3D

Vit3D

Greetings,

From last publish of updates for my packs (for Unity v2018.02) some script commands have been change, so I decided to test compatibility of my packs with the Unity v2019.1.6.

As I found out all models from packs are fully compatible with this Unity version, but "Auto Prefab" feature in the GRConstruct tool (script) included in packs has minor problem -- prefabs created using this feature are classified as "Prefab Variant" and this could slightly slow down visualization of animations.

So if You going to use my packs with Unity v2019.x, I recommend You do not use this option but create prefabs after construction manually.
    Here step-by-step instruction how to do this:

1. Start adding new cloth (or body parts) process using GRConstruct tool as described in the GRConstruct_ReadMe.txt, but DO NOT USE "Auto Prefabs" option !!!

2. After You finished construction (all parts You need will be added), close GRConstruct tool and create Prefab for avatar with new parts manually.
    You will got "Create Prefab" requester in which You must select "Original Prefab".

3. I recommend You to rename just created prefab, otherwise You will have two different prefabs (original and new one) with the same names in Your project.

Also, if You already started to use my packs with Unity v2019.x and created prefabs using GRConstruct tool, I recommend You to re-install all my packs in the projects. This is necessary because it's possible that original prefabs from packs have been occasionally changed when You used GRConstruct tool. After this save project and open it again.

As result can say that it's still possible to use my packs with Unity v2019.x if follow instruction above.

Best regards,