Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Studio debugging for Unity is finally here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kersk, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Yeah if you're seeing the dollar sign variables then you need to generate the project files.

2. tswalk

tswalk

I just wanted to mention to the UnityVS crew that I absolutely dig the "Unity Project Explorer".... so much easier to deal with than the solution explorer (even though it still serves a purpose).

3. Mosy

Mosy

I think I actually solved my problem by downloading the Install file from the website saving it so that I could run it twice. The first time I removed the previous install, the second time I reinstalled. I also made sure that both Unity3d and Visual Studio were closed when I did this. When I restarted Unity3d it works fine for me. I will include the link to the website.

http://unityvs.com/

4. IvyKun

IvyKun

Has anyone been able to debug a game running on a phone? I read that I should be able to do it, but it's like Visual Studio can't see my phone.

What I did:
    - Connect my Nexus 4 by usb and turn on usb-debugging.
    - adb devices shows my phone.
    - Unity build and run install the apk on my android phone.
    - Run the apk.

Now the problem is when y select Attach Unity Debugger on Visual Studio, the window of Select Unity Instance only shows the Unity player running on my laptop, nothing more. My phone should be there too :(

Any tips? Something I'm missing?

Thanks!

5. 00christian00

00christian00

Finally found the culprit. It was driving me crazy.
    But I still don't understand why it override the settings on new projects, does it change the settings before closing unity? Or it run periodically?

6. 14bricks

14bricks

I am able to get open scripts and builds working in VS2015 in Parallels 10, but I can't seem to get the UnityVS plugin to connect to the Unity app running on Mac Yosemite. I believe I was able to attach using IP+Port (had to port scan to find, so not ideal) one time and the status bar icon showed connected, but I wasn't able to start up debugging correctly. Is there anything besides using Bridged Mode that one needs in order to make the remote debugging work with Parallels+Unity(Mac)?

Is there a specific network setup for the broadcast to work correctly? If it connects when specifying IP+Port then I presume that it's just the broadcast handshake isn't working?

If anyone has successfully set up Unity on Mac (Yosemite) debugging with Visual Studio 2015 (win 8.1) in Parallels 10 I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.

7. x5lcfd

x5lcfd

Hi, did u fix this problem? I got it too.