Search Unity

Visual Logic Editor (Antares VIZIO) : (video screens)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Neodrop, Sep 1, 2010.

1. KodaL

KodaL

This looks very promising! Can't wait to try it out. Just getting started with Unity3d.

2. PAX

PAX

In new build will appear Arrow Markers and Stickers for code commenting. Resizable and colorable!

3. Thetal

Thetal

Why are you saying that? Both tools oriented on same audience, those who want to program using visual tools drag&drop style. And both teams trying to make tools as friendly to non programmers as possible.

For now VIZIO is more flexible and more efficient implementation. And I basically choosing tool based on which one is easier to learn, and learning curve also seems to be easier in VIZIO case.

I wondering, what make you to claim that tools targets a completely different audience???

4. Neodrop

Neodrop

BTW - we can easy create the bridge between Universe and Playmaker and Strumpy and UnitySteer...
    We can do it and all that can be imagined.
    We has created not limited toolset, but unlimited visual environment.

And yes, Thetal, you right - both tools can be used in one wonderful project.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  5. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

F*** it, I'm not repeating myself a third time.

I tried to dilute the hostility in this thread towards Playmaker and show that both had their good points and both had their place and both was worthy of equal support, but it seems some people just don't wants to listen or read posts properly.

Moving on...

@Neodrop

How much is this gonna cost when it gets released? Ballpark figure.

6. Neodrop

Neodrop

100-135$ for a single licence.
    100 as preorder during Open Beta Test period (about 1 month)
    and ~135$ after completed Release.

7. Thetal

Thetal

The only one who hostile is you. I gone thru docs and tutorials, and it looks like VIZIO is easier to learn, at least for me, for my tasks.
    And I strongly disagree that tools oriented toward different audiences, as you claim. Right now I have those tasks, that have to be completed for my project. I might use JS coding, Playmaker or VIZIO.

But basically it drops down to two things: learning curve and productivity of use. If I could accomplish my goals faster with VIZIO or Playmaker, I will use them. Otherwise I will opt out for JS. And in my case, I was choosing directly among the tools, VIZIO and Playmaker, speaking of different audience again.

But I would not go Playmaker thread, and tell ppl "F*** you, there is a better tool, and if you doubt my claims and have your own opinion then you just hostile noob who could not understand me" in response to their questions. Not that I would go there and start promoting competing tool in the first place.

8. Techdread

Techdread

@Neodrop 100-135$ for a single licence.

That is a very reasonable price, Where\when can I sign up and be one of your first customers :).

Nice one Pax and rest of the team, this is what I like most about Unity the Community.
    All I need now is a good GUI implementation something like Scaleform.....

9. PAX

PAX

Thanks to Neodrop :)

10. MitchStan

MitchStan

The most bizarre rant I've seen in this forum in 3 years.

11. Neodrop

Neodrop

Few days to launch.

12. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

You're arguing the same thing I was, and complaining about the same thing I was, and from the same point of view. I really don't know how to respond to that except say thanks for agreeing with me I guess?

Edit: Forget it, I WAS trying to defend both when this one was made fun of for being the last out of the gate and WAS trying to show how this and Playmaker both have a place and a use and neither is better or worse than the other. Which you'd realize if you actually read my posts. But whatever, I'm done.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  13. juan-jo

juan-jo

Hi Neodrop.
    I am recruiting a small team, with no experience in Unity, and I wonder if you think Vizio is so autonomous that can be studied alone, or they also will have to study more, learning also C# or UnityScript.

14. fountain_eyes

fountain_eyes

gonna say a dummy thing

viseo say to my brain

"you can make viseo language yourself, not just use it's "language" (unitys code etc)"

playmaker

"I wasn't fast enough to try the beta, but does not seem very extendable by the user"

viseo seems to me a kind of real quantum shift. . . : ) (praise)

it seems a kind of infinity tool. . . like the universe : )

if so than you have created something truly special, that transcends the old Lego bricks of visual languages, to create more of a water

15. fmarkus

fmarkus

There is no hostility from my part, I could not care less. I personally don't think FSM make things easier for non programmers. I feel that you should be able to do visual programming without any structure. To me that's the point: no structure, no syntax issues, not having to deal with variable types etc etc. Everything that makes coding annoying.

16. zine92

zine92

I guess theres a tool for everyone and no point arguing which is better. IMO i haven try out the visual logic editor yet so i do not know how it works and IMO playmaker's concept revolves around state machines and i don't understand how it works therefore to me playmaker is equally hard compared to manual scripting. But well it's good to have 2 diff tools for unity for people to choose from. Somehow i think unity is the most user friendly 3d engine for game developers and plugin developers. So cheers. Oh yeah great work. I have seen the scrreenshots and i am waiting for free beta. Just to try out.

17. fmarkus

fmarkus

Actually, wouldn't it be great to have tools that look at your messy code and create the best architecture possible around what you are doing? It's 2011 after all ;)

18. fountain_eyes

fountain_eyes

visual scripting/coding is still relatively new

many avenues to discovering this new territory is extremely important, different minds with different forms of input into the bigger matter of visual coding in general is the important work at hand

money. . .important yes. . . but.

in this way we are all in this together, even the users, or especially so, as that's where the new uses of this new language can evolve from

cheers

19. Neodrop

Neodrop

Well, you can start from zero, but you should discover Unity rules for you. I think, there is no big difference between studying Unity Script (or C# in Unity) and studying Unity within our Universe (VIZIO).
    In both cases this will be not so easy, but very interesting time for you.

Right now, because we yet construct our young visual world, we haven't easy blocks for every task, but we will try to fill it.
    And, I hope, our users will quickly fill this blank space. ( It occurs already now - iTween and many others scripts are adapted for using inside Universe )

Like this : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/59121-Visual-Logic-Editor-(Antares-VIZIO)-(video-amp-screens)?p=509067&viewfull=1#post509067

and this : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/59121-Visual-Logic-Editor-(Antares-VIZIO)-(video-amp-screens)?p=509563&viewfull=1#post509563

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  20. juan-jo

juan-jo

Thanks Neodrop.

You mention another issue that worries me:
    My plan is to use some of the resources that are available as prefabs, like ITween. These prefabs may be designed with its GUI in the editor and thinking in programming with text, and I wonder how this will be managed from Vizio.

Now I think it is convenient for me to give a look to Vizio as soon as possible in order to decide whether to start right with it, or let my guys to study first US or C# as a basis, while I myself learn Vizio and then I guide them to it.

If we are still in beta or demo time, I'll try to contact you on Skype.

21. Neodrop

Neodrop

MonoBehaviour's Universal Wizard Block. (Call any public methods everywhere in your project's monobehaviours)
    Also we have Universal Get and Universal Set blocks to get and set the values inside Monobehaviours

Universal Wizard Logick Block. (Can call any public methods in any dotnet classes)
    Also we have Universal Get and Universal Set blocks to get and set the values inside any dothet classes

(I'll add the pictures of the Get-Set LB's in a few time. I have forgotten to make it here)

22. Neodrop

Neodrop

Easy Get and Set value everywhere.

$SetValueUniversal.jpg

23. PAX

PAX

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  24. PAX

PAX

25. Neodrop

Neodrop

FSM is a little small part of our Universe
    Just a little part

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fantastic!

now i'm learning to use Vizio but i can't wait to use it in a full production!

27. SamSam

SamSam

Hi,

Congrats for this tool, seems more powerful every day, i'm really considering purchasing it day one.
    You've been teasing us for weeks now, please release the Kraken !
    Can we expect to have a beta in few days for sure ? i can't wait.

28. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes. We want to share the Beta ~ 1 april

29. Neodrop

Neodrop

New tooltips for Logic Blocks toolbar

$UniverseTooltips.jpg

30. Neodrop

Neodrop

• It is now possible to create an independent copy of a Graph, changed to which won't influence the source Graph.
    • Graph asset now can easily be renamed - use the textfied in editor toolbar.
    • Wizards' names have been changed (to reflect their type)
    • Toolbox in right panel has altered
    • A work has started for creating graph previews right from Vizio/ProjectData/Graphs folder.
    • Bugfixes for OS X Editor Windows

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  31. Neodrop

Neodrop

32. Neodrop

Neodrop

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  33. Neodrop

Neodrop

34. Neodrop

Neodrop

Antares Universe • How to work with Wizards Tutorial: http://bit.ly/fSkXqD
    This demo is freezed when resizing texture processed, but not from our code. ;)
    It's happens because SetPixels is very painful operation for WebPlayer.

$PlayerLogo.png

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  35. fountain_eyes

fountain_eyes

neodrop

questions:

Q: have you had time to imagine what you and your friends have done? (I mean really, just kinda dreamed specifics, not to tell us but have simply imagined yourself) (or you don't want to, cause you want to see what others do), probably you can not imagine, perhaps impossible right now.

Q: are you a creative person, and have somthing YOU want to build with this tool once its done, is their a reason your and friends built this that lets you do something you want? (or your mostly technical? you must be quite the creative human being to be a main part of this project as seems be)

Q: are majority of developers Russian? just simply interested. maybe its that your junior hockey team seemd to win that last round while back against those Kraft dinner eaters, hmmm, interesting. . . . : )

36. Neodrop

Neodrop

Sure, I can. This project has arisen almost 2 years ago as my dream to create powerful Visual programming environment inside amazing Unity Engine, but we have begun active coding work just in august 2010, when my knowledge of UnityEngine has reached the necessary height and I has found the friend for this work. And now we have something more better and powerful than Virtools or Kismet inside UDK right within Unity.

Undoubtedly, I have a new dreams and our Universe is a just one step in my way. The Universe Editor is the elity working environment for me and has (and will be) used for next code-works.
    If you interesting right about me, well, yes : I'm a creative persone, but and a coder too. ;)

All developers are Russian. What doubts can be here?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  37. Neodrop

Neodrop

38. Techdread

Techdread

Neodrop

Are you still on for Universe Beta tomorrow?

39. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes. Just only one what I waiting for now is a pictures for Asset Store.

40. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

is it possible to pre-order VIZIO?

41. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes. During Open Beta test the price will be lowered.

42. WolfoX

WolfoX

Will we have free updates?

43. Neodrop

Neodrop

Sure. Till next major release. At least about one year.

44. Neodrop

Neodrop

45. 3Duaun

3Duaun

does anyone know of any Ai routines that have been tested and shared in Vizio yet? Some basic pathfinding examples would be great, and most importantly THEIR PERFORMANCE in Vizio would be much appreciated(as compared to raw code of the same routines). I do all my Ai code by hand in MonoDevelop now, and am considering testing some out in Vizio, however, I would like to know if anyone has experienced performance hits when using the same routines in Vizio that they would in raw code form.

Does anyone have any layouts they've testing with Ai in Vizio that they would be willing to share as well? I'd like to run some profiler tests on routines that have been proven to work in Vizio. Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to share.

46. WolfoX

WolfoX

So... It's 1 April in Russia now. Where's Vizio? :confused: :p

47. EmadGh

EmadGh

Just wait a little WolfoX. He said: :D

48. EmadGh

EmadGh

49. EmadGh

EmadGh

50. 3Duaun

3Duaun

@Emadgh Thanks a bunch, I'm eager to run some benchmarks. Appreciate you taking the time to share. Have you run into any speed issues when doing pathfinding in Universe, as opposed to doing it in code?

The demo looks solid, looks like vizio can handle it fairly well. I guess I need to lay out a pathfinding setup myself that matches some of my code, and do a deep profile on the 2 to really see if Universe causes a performance hit that is noticeable, hopefully not.

@Emadgh, have you tested the same pathfinding routine in code(raw C# of JS scripts) that performs exactly(or close to) as the Universe graph you created does? If so, did you see performance differences in the profiler/deep-profiler?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011