Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Logic Editor (Antares VIZIO) : (video screens)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Neodrop, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Neodrop

Neodrop

1.3.7 is panding review by Unity
    Added : Unity 4.3 full support. (already available in 1.3.6)
    Fixed : Tooltips and nodes Inspector. Invisible nodes. Others.

2. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

i want to do this thing in vizo

IEnumerator wait()
    {
    yield return new WaitForSeconds (startWait);
    while (true)
    {
    for (int i = 0; i < count ;i++)
    {

yield return new WaitForSeconds (spawnWait);
    }
    yield return new WaitForSeconds (waveWait);
    }
    }

anybody know how to do? please help me.

Thank you in advance

Dev

3. fis

fis

4. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Anybody help me?

5. Neodrop

Neodrop

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  6. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

hi,

How to use const string in vizo?

Thank You in Advance

Dev

7. Neodrop

Neodrop

Like any other variables. It's accesible by Wizards for example or by your own SmartBlocks

8. juan-jo

juan-jo

When building for iOS, build destination folder is empty.

I tried to update Universe from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7 but still getting "1.3.6" in the editor. (When trying to unpack the iOS dll, it (OSX) told me it can´t. Unarchiver has allowed me)

Any idea?

9. Neodrop

Neodrop

10. juan-jo

juan-jo

Thanks, it works, both on iOS and Android

11. FunkyCoder

FunkyCoder

considering.....so what are the differences ...limitations...between the paid version and the free version...not for commercial use?...etc....basically why should i purchase it if i can get it free...I just love the word "free" ...so where are those hidden "little demons" lol....not tryin to be smart arse or rude...i've already done my fair share of reading...before this post and can't find any information that compares the two products. Maybe i would be a good idea...to put that info on your website so potential customers can compare the two versions and say to themselves "hey wow.....i just gotta get dat paid version...look what i get extra! I was one of those potential customers a couple months back...reading and looking and considering purchasing your product....I didn't find any comparative tables on your site.....so i got Playmaker instead. I'm interested in your product looks interesting. I can't speak for anyone but myself but i do believe that most people purchase or acquire products on unity for the future intention of using it for commercial reasons wether it be a noob or pro....I think its just basic human pipe dream vanity, a big red sticker saying "Free Version ...Not for Commercial Use" Me myself I definitely wouldn't playaround with the free version....if i wanted it id buy it. thanks for your patient time reading this babble...lol...

12. Stardog

Stardog

The free version is only missing minor features like procedural fluid surfaces for water. You have to purchase it to release a commercial game.

Playmaker is just an FSM, not visual programming. Vizio has an FSM inside it also.

Why would you spend money without trying it for free?

13. FunkyCoder

FunkyCoder

Thanks Stardog for your quick response...for telling me commercial version information ...that is what I was looking to find out!...yes I knew Playmaker was just an FSM(seemed similar to Construct 2...I was lookin to get Antares Universe....but as I said above...I was in a shopping mode sometime back...well I wanted the commercial use option....was I just to assume that it wasn't for commercial use lol....it could have also been for commercial use..ive had software in the past which went either way...lol...one program comes to mind..huuuum let me seeee....Unity is it? :) Yes Unity Pro has more options....but Unity free is for commercial use also!
    Think about it for a sec...there I am a customer on antares store...lookin to buy...So simple to put up in big bold letters....the differences in the paid and free version....and commercial use not allowed in free version....If I had seen the banner that was not there someone would have got himself a hundred dollars...so I bought Playmaker ..not because I believed it to be an alternative to Antares...cause I was lookin to buy ...Im like that., and "Why would you spend money without trying it for free?" Well to answer that question....I already had Antares free to begin with :)

14. FunkyCoder

FunkyCoder

Well since I'm on I would like to thank you....Neodrop...for letting me diddle with the free version...I have to say ....It is one true work of art. More like the Rembrandt of Unity packages. Even if you don't do anything more with it but fiddle with it ....it sure looks good :) Thank You.

15. Neodrop

Neodrop

Well, Universe still a live and sonn, together with next Unity release, I will publish a new update with support of all new Unity features.
    Also, I still hope to find a free time to rewrite some obsolete or inconvenient parts of the system to make it more better and flexible.

16. FunkyCoder

FunkyCoder

I offer my humblest apologies Neodrop i found your information stating that the free version of Universe is free for non commercial use...in forum versions..I guess Ijust have an aversion to today's use of the word free :) to me it used to mean "free as in the air that you breathe" now it means "free but don't forget to find and read the small print"

17. juan-jo

juan-jo

I see it clear.
    As Universe user for several years now, I find that it adds so much value to my daily work that I can't stop paying the pittance that Neodrop asks for the paid version.
    Some dark energy to keep Universe inflating…

18. FunkyCoder

FunkyCoder

I'm torn between Uscript and Universe...wanna get one of them but can't decide...I don't like flipping coins ... so I've decided to wait and see which one goes on sale first.

19. juan-jo

juan-jo

They are very different things.
    Uscript generates code, but Universe is true realtime graphical programing…

20. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

+1

21. Stardog

Stardog

22. Neodrop

Neodrop

Flipping bug as Drag Drop in OsX has been fixed a few days ago. Update still pendeing review in AssetStore last 6 days.

23. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes, I did it.

24. kieknai

kieknai

Does Antares Universe supports windows phone 8? I keep reading that it supports all platforms but i have problems with building it for wp8? If it does, is there some kind of tutorial that describes the process, since i have problems finding info about that?

25. Neodrop

Neodrop

Really, I never work with windows phone 8. Can you describe what happend ? May be I can help to solve it "remotely".

26. kieknai

kieknai

Well i have problem building the project, first it was error in SubstanceBocks script but then I excluded wp8 too. and then on build i get all sorts of errors like

27. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

When i assign variable in interceptor,when i start unity automatic reset variable.

28. Neodrop

Neodrop

Did you use Unity free? (This version have no .NET sockets support in Windows Store platform. May be it can be the reason.)

29. Neodrop

Neodrop

I'm not sure, what you mean. A whole systen works with variables and your situation can't be a "small bug" because this is a main core feature. Can you describe it more detailed, but better if here : http://forum.antares-universe.com ?

30. kieknai

kieknai

I have Unity pro, but i get same error when i tried it in free version.

31. Neodrop

Neodrop

32. kieknai

kieknai

Well i already have couple of games made for iOS and Android in Universe, so i don't see why not to switch it to Windows Phone 8(not Windows Store, it is, or will be universal for windows phone and store with 8.1 but right now i want to target phone) since that's kinda a motto of Unity :)

33. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

sloved.sorry this is my mistake.

34. Neodrop

Neodrop

Try this http://forum.antares-universe.com/code-stripping-tools-t903.html before build

35. kieknai

kieknai

I have tried it just now but without luck. Have you succeeded in building a windows phone project?

36. Neodrop

Neodrop

Now I know the reason of your bad luck. That because Unity networking is not fully supported in Win8 (I'm not sure why Unity Technologies has been limited it).
    I have fixed it on my side. But it's a new runtime dll. If you wish, contact me in Skype (nickname "neodrop") and I'll provide you new dll and short instruction about how to use it.

37. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

HI,
    I am using free version of Vizio 1.3.8, and having issue with assigning game variables in array.
    On play my assigned game objects are deleted making array empty or of size 0. Check the screens below.
    $Capture2.PNG

$Capture1.PNG

Also I want to know if it is possible to copy selected graph nodes from one graph to another?

thanks in advance
    dev

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  38. Neodrop

Neodrop

Your array will be empty if you destroy your objects in play. I don't know your game logic and can't make any advice because of it.
    You can copy a part of your logic as Container.

39. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

no any game object destroy in my game logic

40. Neodrop

Neodrop

Please, contact me in Skype (skypename : neodrop) and send some demo project. I'll looking for it.

41. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

ok,thanks for your reply

42. magique

magique

I'm interested in giving this a try since I'm evaluating various visual scripting plugins, but I'm confused about there being a free version and a pay version. I'm not seeing any information in the free version that explains what restrictions or limitations there are for the free version. Are there limitations? Is it only for non-commercial? Is it going to expire after a certain length of time? Or something else?

43. kshaja

kshaja

It is the same as the pro version. It just has a 5 seconds water mark at the begining of your game, and maybe 4 blocks are not there. For LOD and smart water.

44. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

this is same issue which post in anthers universe forum also.

http://forum.antares-universe.com/arrays-created-manually-t906.html

45. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Hi Neodrop, just wondering,

[CustomEditor(typeof(TextAsset))]

Is the above line needed in

VizioTextAssetsCustomerEditor.cs in Antares Universe??

Can I delete it? What function will I disable?

I asked because currently that line conflict with another extension I am using called Script Inspector 3 (Beta) with that line it will disable the Script Inspector extension.

46. Neodrop

Neodrop

You just loose preview functionality for Universe .byte assets.
    You can comment it without any problems.

47. proso

proso

Hi Neodrop,

Sorry to ask this just after the release of Unity 5 beta, but when can we expect an updated Universe version?

48. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes, Universe will work with Unity 5 but I'm not sure currently about backward capability with old graphs. I'll try to find free time to make U5 compatible build. May be even this weekend. But sorry, I can't garanty this date.

49. proso

proso

Thanks Neodrop. I hope you can make some time.

Cheers

50. Neodrop

Neodrop

New release (1.4) has been uploaded to the AssetStore esterday. Waiting for panding.