Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Logic Editor (Antares VIZIO) : (video screens)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Neodrop, Sep 1, 2010.

1. John-Sandrey

John-Sandrey

I was just wondering if you plan on putting Antares on sale at a discount any time soon?

2. Neodrop

Neodrop

I hope soon, but currently I'm not sure when.

3. Lordinarius

Lordinarius

Hi i am making some experimental works with Antares. And i need some help, On Mouse Activators doesnt run on android. Do you have some suggestions for me?

4. Neodrop

Neodrop

OnMouse nodes (Over, Enter, Exit, Down and etc.) do not work in mobile platforms. But will work in Unity4.0
    This is the Unity issue, not a Universe limits.

5. Neodrop

Neodrop

Hello folks! Find as in AppStore just for 0.99$

About 130 game levels.
    Awesome water system.
    Hard physics-based gameplay.

Used technologies :
    Antares Universe (AssetStore plugin) : Base logic management.
    Unity ACCESS (Antares Control System (not published yet)) : GUI, secondary logics, FSM's, messages management.
    GameCenter (AssetStore plugin) : Apple GameCenter
    Prime31 InAppPurchase : In app purchases for iOS
    Prime31 iCloud : Apple ICloud
    Publisher : Chillingo

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  6. Neodrop

Neodrop

Coming soon on Android too.

7. Neodrop

Neodrop

BTW, Universe for Unity 4.0 will be published in next few days

8. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This is going to be sweet... any chance this will work with Mecanim?

9. Neodrop

Neodrop

Next Universe release already contain all existing Mecanim nodes (methods and variables)

10. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Sweeet.... I can't wait to dig into to Antares again... I do need to build my camera system for this... Wait, so I can bypass Mecanim for my blending?>

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  11. Neodrop

Neodrop

Universe will provide all standard Mecanim methods and variables. But I have created no any special nodes for it now cose mecanim is new for me ;)

12. BlankM

BlankM

Hello, I am a new user to Unity(but not necessarily to programming) and I had a few questions about this product.

First, is the forum down? Will it be coming back?

Second, can I extend the functionality if I know C#? How difficult is it to implement with normal coding in Unity? I don't want to feel tied down in the end and want to make sure I can still make any product I desire.

I see you keep this updated frequently and think you have something great on your hands. Thank you for your time.

13. juan-jo

juan-jo

Hello BlankM.
    Here in the forum and in the Skype support channel, you will find a lot of people using Universe as you say.
    Universe is very comprehensive and I barely needed it, but adding your own C# content is quite easy.
    Good luck and welcome ;)

14. kshaja

kshaja

Welcome to Universe :)
    No problem with integrating your code with Universe.
    Check this video for quick tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5YkHzAEMU0

15. Neodrop

Neodrop

BTW, beta period is over. New Universe (1.3) is uploaded to the Asset Store.

16. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Where is it?

17. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

in review I think, tis the holidays.

18. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes. Pending review.

19. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

Does unity know that ? ;)

20. Neodrop

Neodrop

Unfortunately, I have unexpected troubles with new Asset Store tools. Now it's impossible to upload more than one directory to the store. I lost some time to avoid it. Yesterday, the packages uploaded again and waits for pending.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  21. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Is this going to be compatible with Unity 3.5?

22. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Okay I just upgraded to the latest version 1.31 and I got lots of errors when importing it.

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEditor.AssetPreview' from assembly 'Antares.Vizio.Editor'.
    Antares.Vizio.Editor.eval_l.eval_o ()
    Antares.Vizio.Editor.SceneViewEditor.eval_a (Int32 A_0)
    UnityEngine.GUI+_Window.Do ()
    UnityEngine.GUI.EndWindows (UnityEngine.IDList idlist)
    UnityEngine.GUI.DoEndWindows (UnityEngine.IDList idlist)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUIInternal.EndWindowsForward (UnityEngine.IDList idlist)
    UnityEditor.EditorWindow.EndWindows ()
    UnityEditor.SceneViewOverlay.End ()
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

Please help! ;)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  23. virror

virror

Try AssetPreview.GetAssetPreview instead?

24. Neodrop

Neodrop

I think you still have Unity 3.5 ?
    Unpack the Unity_3_5.zip from VIZIO/Plugins folder and replace existing dll's
    By default it's for Unity4 now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  25. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Great! Its fixed! Thanks Neodrop! :)
    BTW, will you continue to support Unity 3.5?

26. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes. But I'm not sure how long. It'll be more and more difficult with next Unity releases

27. kshaja

kshaja

Photon Unity Networking integration

Did you ever wanted to know how network multiplayer games are made?
    To understand how the scripts are created and why?

Combining Antares Universe and Photon Unity Networking with VizioPUN, you will have a tool to create, see and understand how your network games function!

VizioPUN will give you an unique way to see in real time how your network scripts are working, both in client and master client mode!
    Now you have an opportunity to go inside your scripts and see it for yourself!

VizioPUN Free on Asset Store

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwE0WqZshpU

28. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I just updated to the latest v1.32, and strangely without applying the Unity_3_5.zip from VIZIO/Plugins folder no error pop up! But I apply the Unity_3_5.zip anyway just in case.

Also, Neodrop, just a suggestion - since you are using .dll - is it possible for you to just call which ever version of dll (eg. 3.5x version of .dll, or 4.x version of .dll, or even Iphone version of .dll) to use when needed?? Because right now you need to zip and unzip from folder is very inconvenient. For example - for me to use Antares Universe I need to unpack the Unity_3_5.zip from VIZIO/Plugins folder and replace existing dll; or when I need to use iOS publishing - I need to delete Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.dll and unzip Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.ios.dll from Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.ios.dll.zip......

Couldn't you just call the correct dll file (let's rename Unity v3.5 version of dll to Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks_3_5.dll ) directly?

Also, just incase you didn't know - I found this :

Application.unityVersion
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Application-unityVersion.html

So if you need to check Unity Editor version so the correct version can be apply for user, you can use that. eg. v3.5x version of Antares Universe for Unity v3.5x, and v4.x version of Antares Universe for Unity v4.x.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  29. Neodrop

Neodrop

Unfortunately, this is impossible to use two or more the same dll's (which contains identical classes and namespaces) in a single project. Like in Highlander movie says : "Here can be only one".
    Also, I think, U3.5 will complitelly obsolete in this year.

30. kshaja

kshaja

New

VizioPUN Showcase will give you out of box working experience of two network scenes, demonstrating the use of Photon Unity Network.

The scenes are recreated from PUN free asset from Unity Asset Store. New scripts are made with Antares Universe and VizioPUN Logic Blocks.

Now VizioPUN - Showcase and VizioPUN - free can be downlaoded here
    http://viziopun.blogspot.com/

31. kshaja

kshaja

Just to say that now You can harvest the power of Vectrosity inside Antares Universe VIZIO environment :
    VizVec

32. Darkoo

Darkoo

Has this awseome extenstion come to it's End? Can't see any information about it's resent development.. :(

33. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Hey Neodrop, I just saw there is a new version of Antares Universe in the Asset Store - v1.3.3
    But Asset Store won't allow me to download it - says it requires Unity 4.1.2.

But I noticed in the changelog of 1.3.3 you noted the following:

1.3.3 ready for Unity 4.1.2
    Fixed : Drag Drop problem in Unity 3.5 Some other bugfixes.

So that means you still support Unity 3.5 right?

Can you upload the Unity 3.5 version to Asset Store? What happen is if you upload your project to Asset Store in Unity 4.1.2 Unity's Asset Store will mark the project to be only downloadable for users with Unity 4.1.2+ onwards!! Even users of Unity 4.0 cannot download it. So if you still support Unity 3.5, can you please open the project in Unity 3.5, and re-upload in Unity 3.5x to Asset Store so it will be compatible with most users. Thanks!!

34. Neodrop

Neodrop

Asset Store no longer support Unity 3.5 packages. Sorry.
    But, you can install a Free Unity 4.1.2 and download Universe from Asset Store

35. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Are you sure? I have confirmation from other Asset Store sellers who have just submitted asset for 3.5x just few days ago, and they also confirmed to me just now Asset Store still allows 3.5x asset to be submitted.

I think dropping support for 3.5x is very idea - there are still a large number of people still using 3.5x (and probably the largest group right now in Asset Store). And intentionally dropping support for 3.5x users is very unprofessional when your competitors (uScript, PlayMaker) are still actively supporting 3.5x users with monthly updates with many major new features - It makes Antares Universe looks poorly supported, unprofessional by comparison.

36. Neodrop

Neodrop

Well, I see no settings to setup submitting process as Unity 3.5 compatible. Also, I think it's a bad idea to create a two new "obsolete" Universe packages for the Store.
    If somebady have any idea, I'm ready to look at it.

37. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

38. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

EDIT: Sorry Neodrop :) I was wrong -
    Turns out - I have discovered you can still "force update" by going to the download manager menu and update from there - it will still download and update regardless of the version of Unity you have. Its just that you won't be able to sell to people who has Unity 3.5x because they won't see Antares Universe in the Download Manager menu thus they cannot force update. The Antares Universe page in Asset Store will not allow them to buy it if they are on Unity 3.5x.

For all Antares Universe users still stuck at Unity 3.5x - Use the Download Manager to update and you will be fine. Also remember to unzip the Unity_3_5.zip from VIZIO/Plugins folder and replace all the files.

39. Neodrop

Neodrop

BTW, In the last update (1.3.3) I have missed new dll's for Unity 3.5 with fixed drag&drop variables. New Universe 1.3.4 have it and panding review now.

40. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Good tips, thanks Neodrop!

41. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I just updated to v1.3.4 for my Unity 3.5, but when I go into Antares Universe Editor, it still says 1.3.3 on the top right hand corner. Are you sure you packed the right new dlls?

42. Neodrop

Neodrop

Yes. 1.3.4 have no changes for Unity4 but only other dll's for Unity3.5

43. Darkoo

Darkoo

Hello, I have looked over this asset and I got to say, WOW!! it's awesome!! thanks
    I hope that the product presentation + documentation + tutorials gets more attention and gets to the same standards as the product it self.

What is the difference between the licence version and the free version?

44. Neodrop

Neodrop

Just a bunner in free version and small limits compare to a paid version (no fluids surfaces and no mash morphing ability)

45. Psyckosama

Psyckosama

what do you mean bunner?

there a banner in the opening?

A watermark?

Am I missing something?

46. Stardog

Stardog

Yeah, a watermark that appears for a few seconds at the start.

47. DFletch

DFletch

How does this visual script plugin compare to Uscript? What are the pros and cons of each?

48. Stardog

Stardog

I'm no expert with uScript, but here are my initial thoughts.

Antares is closer to actual scripting. Almost everything in Unity's scripting reference has an associated block in Antares. This means you can program anything without writing a line of code, and use the official Unity manual for help. In this way, Antares will teach you actual scripting.

Plugins like uScript/Playmaker have a selection of "Actions", which are easier to use, but you will soon have to hand-code your own action at some point.

Antares has "Actions" in the form of "Containers" and "Custom Logic Blocks", where you can group multiple blocks into a single block, or hand-code your own block. There are some pre-made, but you will have to do most yourself. Containers do not require hand-coding.

I had issues with Playmaker/uScript when I didn't want to just use the basic variables types such as Float/String/Int/Bool/GameObject. Antares has no issues with this. Maybe I have to look closer at the other two.

Here's a simple tutorial I did for opening a door - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ogjOi6cNFf47JzXqfOFytO--CbjMbcvjVCTFLm2eldw/edit?usp=sharing

And a similar type tutorial for uScript - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVCyzIOmzfA

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  49. CaptainExtra300

CaptainExtra300

@Stardog,

i asked a question on Antares universe forum website last week but so far no response, seems that forum is dead,

anyways,

I was wondering , been practicing with Antares universe but got stucked with if, else statements.

could not find the blocks

do you happen to have a tut on that, using Antares universe?

i was practicing trying to do a toggle a point light on and off.

I know with uScript there is a toggle block, but did not see one in antares so was trying to do some if and else statements to do the toggle but did not find them, just found boolean

thanks in advanced

50. Stardog

Stardog

It's probably best to post here instead of the official forum.

Here's an unnoficial site I made some months ago with tutorials and documentation (Ignore any PHP errors if you see them...it's hosted on a free host to test things).

There are no if/else statements as such. If you look at Input.GetKeyDown, there will be true/false outputs on the block itself.

There are blocks like Boolean > Bool > Switch that will check a bool variable for true/false. The FSM system has a "Check Current" that will give true/false, etc.

So you're trying something like:
    Code (csharp):
    1. void Update()
    2. {
    3.     if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.E))
    4.     {
    5.         light.enabled = !light.enabled;
    6.     }
    7. }
    I'm not sure if you can replicate the shorthand toggle easily, maybe someone else can show you. I see a Bool > Invert block there you can try.

You can turn a light off by doing this:

The last Wizard block is the most powerful block to understand in Antares. It can expose all public variables of any component of any type (even custom scripts). Create by right-clicking the This Get Light's output node and selecting Wizard Set. Select it, then Open Settings Window > Inherited > enabled. You can see all the other values you can set such as light color/etc.

Middle-mouse-click on nodes to make their value appear in the editor, such as the "enabled" bool value.