Search Unity

Vikingoid (working title) Need some ideas

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kelde, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Kelde

Kelde

Hello devs!

So, we decided to make a Arkanoid'ish game, with a bit more action to it and you will control a viking fighting off evil creatures that are attacking his farm for...something .We wanted the enemies to drop money so you can upgrade your viking (like speed, hp, larger shields etc etc). Any other ideas?

There tends to be a lot of good ideas in here so i'm just gonna shoot for it really.

In this arkanoid you are walking back and forth, and there's also a jump ability since some of the enemies can shoot at the ground causing damage on it.

Our question is, what kind of upgrades would a game like this benefit from, and be hurt by? The enemies behave in all sorts of ways, some shoot simple projectiles while some drop bombs that has an AOE. You might also notice the chickens and the Hogs, those are upgrades aswell, he is a farmer!

Anyway, The Big Hog is how he gets damaged, it's kinda like a dog ,when the ball hits the ground it wants to play with it and runs over the viking and you lose a HP.

The small one is an upgrade, he can run across the screen and pick up a % of the coins that's fell into the grass, since there's just no way to catch them all as they fall.

We also discussed consumables to be bought form the shop, like the ability to shoot, a ball that goes through enemies, splitting balls and so on.

My one concern with arkanoids is the ball itself, theres no direct control over it and when theres 1-2 enemies left, hitting them can be a tough task. Do you have any ideas on how improve that aspect ?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thaaanks alot!

ludiares likes this.
  2. Kelde

Kelde

Oh and im painting this as we speak, thats why the BG looks like he hasnt slept for days,and the pigs are missing feet etc etc, its very much a WIP!

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Kelde I absolutely love your art style. It's very original and clean. With that said the pigs and chickens instantly make me think Angry Birds. o_O Even after I read your description and understand completely your concept the pigs and chickens say Angry Birds to me.

Anyway you asked for some ideas;
    1. Maybe you could go all out Viking concept. Instead of farm maybe you could consider him defending the Viking Hall.
    2. With going all out with the Viking concept maybe the pigs and chickens could change into hounds and harts? Or if you wanna keep the pig maybe edit it to resemble a razorback hog, a mangey boar, rough looking spikey hairy back.
    3. Maybe Viking related upgrades, a ham shank, a stein of ale, a new kilt? etc etc. These upgrades would be similar to the arkanoid upgrades maybe, speed up, catch and throw, multishot, catch the explosive and throw it back?

Just some suggestions.