Search Unity

Video: How to import Daz3D Genesis 3 models into Unity3D and animate them using Mixamo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cgarossi, Apr 1, 2016.

1. cgarossi

cgarossi

I streamed this last night as a friend wanted to know how to do it. I haven't seen that many tutorials about how to do this kind of thing, especially with Daz3Ds Gen 3 models.

This is just a watch and learn video with no commentary. In it I create the Daz3D model, export it, retexture in Unity3D then import to Mixamo to apply the animation.

In reality, the Gen 3 model would decimated for game use but I didn't cover that in this video.

Hope you find it useful.

rewar281 likes this.
  2. drewradley

drewradley

You should really edit out all the wait time when there is nothing but a progress bar for importing/exporting. Stopped watching after the second time you left them in.

3. rewar281

rewar281

This vid helped me out alot, actually discovered other ways. What I can't get right are the animations on heeled characters. Flat shoes are no problem but anytime I introduced a heeled model to mixamo and then back to unity the feet are warped. Also look into exporting with the merge diffuse and opacity textures so clothes and other things look right. The eyes seem to be weird because what works for one model wont necessarily work on another(all gen3). the textures are also a bit weird with the hair when you do this, export again w/o that setting and use those textures. Maybe learn how to use (as I been trying) how to use the free lux skin shader(or some other one with sub surface scattering), with the right skills I'm sure skin can look amazing. Thanks for the video.