Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Vice City Remake - [MP COOP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by omer1615, Jul 2, 2014.

1. richardh

richardh

NO! Don't abandon it just because you can't use the name and IP of another game Co. Just repackage what you have created so far. Make the models unrecognisable with GTA. Make the map your own and promote it as an COOP / Free roam, Miami 1980's open world sandbox 'in homage to Vice City'. Call it something like 'Miami Retro City' (MRC) and you're get all the Vice City fans playing it while staying safe from the lawyers.

If you need a (non-organic) modeller (I'm not a bad modeller but admittedly novice) I'd love to help.

KEEP GOING.

2. MrXroyX

MrXroyX

No man, don't stop it. Just get yourself some other models. The gameplay can be the same but the assets can't. Don't stop doing this.

richardh likes this.
  3. omer1615

omer1615

Oh i just misunderstood i guess. VCR is dead but ofcourse it doesnt mean i suddenly stop developing a open world game. As you all know all scripts done by me. Which means i know i can still use codes. VCR was a one person job because of there is no modeling job or animation job, there was only coding. So @richardh i will be glad if you help me with map or if there is anyone to help me for maps and caharacters, it would be awesome.

Edit: And yes if i had pre-models ready models it will take 5 minutes to replace 'em all.

4. richardh

richardh

Omer
    Where did you get the models that can be seen in your vids and screenshots? and the interior of the mansion?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  5. Rombie

Rombie

They where extracted directly from GTA:VC

6. richardh

richardh

Oh right. Didn't know that was possible. Naughty!

7. omer1615

omer1615

Google it "Kams max script"

8. dibdab

dibdab

I'd first try these out (the characters would need retexture and remodel naturally)
    http://3dyk.com/shop/Lowpolycc/Lowpolycc.htm
    with these vehicles
    http://3dyk.com/shop/Lowcars/lowcars.htm
    and think up a scene
    scripting ai behaviours
    groups (mexicans, japanese, jamaican)
    and a mission for the main character

9. omer1615

omer1615

10. Rombie

Rombie

The notice on that site states as this:

"You can use this Elements for commercial films and student films, but you can't resell it."

So as long as you don't try selling the assets solo; you can use them within your project.

11. omer1615

omer1615

Okay thats cool. Thank you.

12. Rombie

Rombie

13. omer1615

omer1615

14. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Like others have said - don't give up on your project because you can't use the gta models, just get an artist and modeler then create an original set of models for your game so you can do with it whatever the hell you want. It has potential, and you seem like you have a passion for this, but what your taking on is definitely gonna take you years and years, perhaps decades even, if you try to continue alone. You need either a team, or money to pay contractors to create certain aspects of the project. Perhaps put it on hold if your losing steam, and develop some smaller more simple projects you can release and start generating a revenue stream from, to fund the continued development of your passion project.

Disclaimer: I know nothing. Ignore my advice :)