Search Unity

Vertex issue in Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by assma, Sep 29, 2014.

1. assma

assma

Hi All,
    I am working on a dance project. I found some technical issue. After exporting file from maya to unity the mesh is getting pulled. And fbx file is working fine in maya. Please help me with it.
    Correction 05.JPG Correction 07.JPG

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Try changing the Quality to 2 or 4 Bones in the skinned mesh renderer and see if that helps.

dogzerx2 likes this.
  3. assma

assma

Hi, thanks for the advice. But it works fine in maya. As i take this to unity the mesh be like this. And i am sending maya screenshot also. Snap 01.jpg

4. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Looks like a weight issue. It looks like there's no influence on the bone lifted with the shoulder. Maybe maya is interpreting the weights different than they're being exported? Not familiar with maya but I've caused that issue with my models made in blender.

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

The Unity image looks like it is using only one 1 Bone for each weight. I believe Maya by default has more than one.

Did you try what I suggested? If for nothing else, only to rule it out.

Find the Skinned Mesh Renderer (it's typically in the root, but it could be its own mesh, not sure how maya exports skinned characters, look in the hierarchy a bit to find it) and change Quality to 2 or 4.

dogzerx2 likes this.
  6. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

I think the max bones per vertex in Unity is a good call.

In Maya you might have 5 or 6 bones affecting the same vertex and it's cool, but in Unity for performance purposes each vertex can be limited, I think the default is 2 bones but you can increase that.

Go to Edit>Project Settings>Quality

And look for the Blend Weights maximum amount.

Or....

change the settings individually like Acid Arrow said, look for the skinned mesh renderer:

7. assma

assma

thank you so much dogzerx2. it worked. and thanks u all for helping.