Search Unity

Vertex Color Mask??

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by domkia, Jul 20, 2014.

1. domkia

domkia

Is it possible to write shader that uses vertex colors as masks. In example mesh has RGB colors and I want to apply specific texture or color to R, G or B part of mesh. I didn't found much info so If anybody knows how to do it I would love to get some pointers or even code snippets. Thanks :)

2. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Bookmarked!

When I get some time, I can give this a shot for you if you like. It can't be that hard... ;)

domkia likes this.
  3. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

I would like your example mesh, if you can upload it for me, that would be great! :)
    In the meantime, I will use my own mesh for testing.

EDIT: Do you get flickering on vertex colors? My mesh fllickers... :(

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. domkia

domkia

Thank you for helping :) Here is a mesh with vertex colors made in blender, exported as .Fbx

Attached Files:

5. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Thanks!

EDIT: I also worked out the flickering: DX11 obviously hates vertex colors...

My progress so far: I have got the red channel to mask the texture, but changing the mask color just fades out the red atm...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  6. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

My progress so far: I have now got the Hue to shift and change the mask, but there is a couple of bugs still to iron out... Mainly to do with any other colour other than blue doing weird things... o_O

EDIT: I now have to basically work out some sort of masking test that fails depending on what colour is set.