Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

uSkyPro – Precomputed Atmospheric Scattering [2.0 Beta]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Luckymouse, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Thanks siphon. I checked your project. I found out that the reason the moon texture is missing because your scene applied the Direction Light in the Lighting window > Environment > Sun.

Because the moon texture renders in the skybox itself, if you applied a directional light in sun field, skybox will ignore other direction light for moon.

The solution for now that just leave the sun field empty in Lighting window, then everything will work fine again.
    Empty Sun Field.png

I will check if i may find a way to work around with that issue in future.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Neolightl

Neolightl

Hey Luckymouse, I'm trying to import your package into my project and I'm getting the Binary to YAML conversion: type unsigned int is unsupported bug.

Do you have any fix for this issue?

Our project was created in the Unity 5 beta and is now currently using the latest version of Unity 5. Creating a new project and importing your assets works fine, but for some reason Unity is re-serializing and breaking things in our current project

3. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Yes, I noticed that when I upgraded the project from unity 5 beta to released version. Right now I don't know what caused that, and don't have the solution yet.
    I suggest that you can try to export the all the content (without uSky) from older project (beta) to a unity package, then create a new unity 5 project and reimport the package and latest uSky.

4. Neolightl

Neolightl

This did not seem to work, sucks that this is happening.

We are going to try to troubleshoot this on our end and I'll let you know if we manage to fix it.

5. Neolightl

Neolightl

We were able to import the project by deleting the duplicate camera orbit script. Nothing is broken now, but the YAML bug remains.

I guess there's no problem if it works!

Luckymouse likes this.
  6. sipon

sipon

tks regarding the moon problem ! everythings fine now !

Luckymouse likes this.
  7. Seith

Seith

@Luckymouse Hi, I just came across a big issue with using vegetation shaders against uSky:

The branches sway in the wind (using vertex offset) but they leave a silhouette "shadow" in the skybox. I'm attaching to this post the vegetation shader I use so you can hopefully figure out what's happening.

Attached Files:

8. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I am also hitting this "moon light turns of the moon image" bug.... Is there a solution?

9. crudeMe

crudeMe

Hi! Recently bought ProFlares and want to tie it to amazing uSky. I need to move GameObject accordingly to sun position. Any tips how to do it ? :D

10. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

I tested your vegetation shader with uSky. What I tested in a simple scene which so far I can not reproduce the shadow issue on the sky. It seems to be working fine.
    Vegetation test.png
    Do you have any other extra set up in your scene: multi cameras, image effects, shadow projection,...etc?

The answer is already in the scecond post of the top of this page:
    Just leave the sun field empty in Lighting window, then everything will work fine again.

I just checked the ProFlares forum that someone just asked same question to ProFlares developer if it supports directional light. As far as I know it doesn't support directional light.

I will see if I can able to support ProFlares, If I do i will post the solution in these threads later.

crudeMe likes this.
  11. crudeMe

crudeMe

Hey! Thank you for noticing! Nothing really fancy needed, actually. ProFlares is just a GameObject in a 3d space. So, everything needed is a sun position on a scene to make proflaresGO.transform.position = sun.transform.position. Rotation is not needed, proflares acting as a billboard.
    It's just a bit complicated for me at first sight, so if you already know how to get sun position, that would be awesome.

Thanks again!

12. Seith

Seith

@Luckymouse I think I found a solution for the issue I mentioned earlier.

But now I have another one: the night skybox does not appear in the game camera. The sky correctly turns from blue (day) to black (night) in the scene camera (the one you move in the editor) but it remains set on "day" in the game camera.

What could be causing this?

Edit: I'm using the latest uSky version and I'm on Unity 5.1.1f1, Linear color space, deferred rendering, DX11.

In other words it looks like the blending between day and night skyboxes is not happening in the game camera. Which is of course a big problem.

Edit2:
    More info: I get an error message which I think is related to the issue:

go.IsActive() && go.GetTag() != 0
    UnityEngine.Camera:get_main()
    uSky.StarField:InitializeStarfield() (at Assets/uSky/Core/Scripts/StarField.cs:21)
    uSkyManager:get_starsMesh() (at Assets/uSky/Core/Scripts/uSkyManager.cs:144)
    uSkyManager:OnDisable() (at Assets/uSky/Core/Scripts/uSkyManager.cs:169)

13. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Hi Seith, sorry for the errors.
    The scene camera and game camera should look at the same skybox, I can't really figure out why both cameras display different skybox.

The error message are mainly for the star field mesh generation. Not sure if it related to skybox issue, they are in separate draw call.

Those error should not occur out of the box, will that happen even if you open the uSky demo scene?
    I think you may have some special game camera set up in your scene, somehow make uSky not working probably.
    Is possible send your project via PM to me for debug the error? You can remove all your custom assets, I just need a basic scene with uSky that occur the errors from your project.

14. Seith

Seith

Good news! After I read your message I went to check the skybox assigned to my game camera and bingo! It had "Unity5_skybox_proc" assigned instead of "uSkybox". When I changed that everything went back to normal.

So I suspect that maybe the uSkybox name changed since the previous update and it didn't replace the game camera skybox when I upgraded? Anyway, that's fixed now, thanks!

I have another question (actually it's a question I already asked before): is there a way to change the moon's trajectory? Right now it's not appearing in a pleasant position for my scene (goes directly over the player's head). Ideally I would like to use a setting similar to the sun's longitude variable (except it would work just for the moon). Would it be possible to do this?

15. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Glad to know you fixed the problem :).
    About the moon trajectory feature, yes, it is possible. I will try to add it in next update.

16. Seith

Seith

That would be fantastic, thanks! :)

Also I still get the error related to the star field; would you have any suggestion on how to fix it?

Edit:
    An another issue related to fog this time: I'm using a variant of Unity's GlobalFog but it looks like it's not affecting the skybox (so it looks bad). How can I get the fog (again not Unity's default fog but a variant based on the image effect called GlobalFog) to also affect the skybox, especially at night?

17. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

About the star field error, I need to ask you again, will that happen even if you open the "Simple uSky Scene"?
    I've no idea why that error occurs. Again, I may need your project to help me to debug it.

About the fog, at the moment how the image effect fog (uSkyFog) works that the fog will match the skybox color, not the other way around. So skybox itself will not have any influence by changing fog attributes.

There is a way to make the image effect affects the skybox. However if the fog affect the skybox, it needs to affect the clouds as well, which it needs to be taking care of first. (I may need to change the clouds to render in different way). Current uSky fog is just a temporary solution for scattering fog effect. Definitely it needs to be improve in the future.

I guess the reason you are using the unity GlobalFog instead of uSkyFog, it allows you to apply custom color (not the color from skybox). If you really want to try how it looks when the fog affects the skybox, you can modify the unity GlobalFog shader.
    Comment two line of the codes at line 140 and 141:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //        if (rawDepth >= 0.999999)
    2. //            fogFac = 1.0;
    You may try to modify the uSkyGlobalFog shader as well, just edit those codes at line 162 and 163. Again, the uSky clouds will not have any influence by image effect fog at the moment.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  18. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

According to ProFlares supports in uSky, I wrote a simple script (attached below) to help the ProFlare to work with uSky.
    The main funtion of this script that it will update the sun position with directional light, The the flare position will match with the sun spot in the sky. Also automatic update the flare color with uSkyLight's "Light Color" gradient and cut off the flare if the sun is below the horizion

uSky_ProFlares.png
    ======================================================================
    Step by step setup
    ======================================================================
    1) Launch uSky Simple Scene.
    Scene file located at folder: uSky / Scenes /

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 2 to 5 is pretty much how you normally add ProFlares to a scene.
    Here is the ProFlares developer YouTube video link as a reference:

2) Apply the ProFlareSetup gameobject:
    Menu: Window > ProFlares > Create Setup

(Note: Do not select other setup type, otherwise it won't work.)

3) Select the "ProFlareBatch" (child of ProFlareSetup) in Hierarchy window.
    Apply "MegaAtlas" prefab to ProFlareBatch's "Flare Atlas" in Inspector window.
    MegaAtlas located at folder: ProFlares / Presets / Mega / MegaAtlas /

4) Apply a flare prefab to Hierarchy window, lets pick the prefab call "SharpGlow" to start.
    SharpGlow located at folder: ProFlares / Presets / Mega / Flares /

5) Create a new Layer call "flare". (pick any Layer number)
    UnSelect the flare layer from Main Camera "Culling Mask".

6) Select the "uSkyManager" in the Hierarchy window.
    Add "uSkyAndProFlares" script to uSkManager

7) Apply "SharpGlow" gameobject to uSkyAndProFlares "Flare Pivot" field.

8) Apply "Main Camera" gameobject to uSkyAndProFlares "Game Camera" field.

9) Select the "SharpGlow" in Hierarchy window.
    uncheck the "Use Distance Falloff" option in Inspector window.

10) Done ! click the Editor "Play" button

Note: if change the uSkymanager Timeline or Longitude slider too fast in Editor,
    you may notice there are some delay between sun spot and flare.

* This script requires ProFlares package. If you did not install the ProFlares to your project, do not use this script.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    ProFlares and crudeMe like this.
  19. crudeMe

crudeMe

This is simply outstanding. Thank you very much for such a customer support! Amazing!

upd: tested it, works as expected. Can't say how grateful I am.

Luckymouse likes this.
  20. Seith

Seith

Thank you very much! Once again your help was precious; the fog issue is no more, it blends beautifully with the skybox now! :)

So of course I have another issue now! This time it's with the sunshafts.cs post-effect. As you advised I changed the SunShafts file with this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.   if (sunTransform)
    2.   v = GetComponent<Camera>().WorldToViewportPoint(transform.position - sunTransform.forward / farClipPlane);
    3. //  v = GetComponent<Camera> ().WorldToViewportPoint (sunTransform.position); // original code
    And it works fine, except that when I play the game the origin of the shafts does not move smoothly (following the sun) but instead it "pops" to the new sun position once each second or so. Are you aware of this issue?

It looks like it's not refreshed every frame but only at a regular interval. Either that or maybe it could a precision error that rounds the position and only updates it when it has moved a certain amount.

It is important to note that the sunlight itself doesn't seem to be at fault here, since the shadows move very smoothly. It seems it's only an issue with the SunShafts script.

Edit:
    Here's a link to a video of the effect: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101126402/2015-07-10_13-09-02.mp4

If you look on the right side you can see the sun shaft over the shadow. You can see that the sunshafts origin (which is supposed to smoothly follow the sun) only moves once in a while. Although the frame rate is smooth and regular.

21. sipon

sipon

usky + proflares ! awesome ! tks a lot !!

22. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

@ crudeMe & sipon:
    Thanks.

@ Seith:
    Ok, now I see your shafts problem. I did some modification of the calculation, still not solving it yet. If I solve it, i will let you know.

23. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Fixed the directional unity shafts script with lag or pops issue. Already tested by Seith and works.:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Seith likes this.
  24. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Hi there Luckymouse,

Im getting this error as Seith before, but I dont have any custom camera, its the default one:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. go.IsActive() && go.GetTag() != 0
    2. UnityEngine.Camera:get_main()
    3. uSky.StarField:InitializeStarfield() (at Assets/uSky/Core/Scripts/StarField.cs:21)
    4. uSkyManager:get_starsMesh() (at Assets/uSky/Core/Scripts/uSkyManager.cs:144)
    5. uSkyManager:OnDisable() (at Assets/uSky/Core/Scripts/uSkyManager.cs:169)
    You can replicate it, adding a prefab of usky on an new scene, delete the default Main Camera and add a new one (making sure that is tagged as main).
    Using unity 5.1.1b2

25. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

I follow your instruction and try couple times on editor v5.1.1f1 on both Win and Mac already, still can not reproduce any error. Not sure it is the newer version issue yet.
    From the messages, it occurs error on accessing the main camera, weird. I will keep looking what happens.

26. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Can you test it importing the "cameras" standard asset and adding the free camera to the scene?
    If this dont give you any error, its for sure that this is a bug related to unity patch version v5.1.1p2.

One more petition, you could do your sky compatible with the free atmospheric scattering that unity gives with the "Blacksmith" free packages? Or point me to some direction

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  27. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Just want to share this.... hopefully uSky will one day have cloud as beautiful and realistic as that! :)

28. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Do you mean to add the "FreeLookCameraRig" prefab from the standard asset?
    I tested uSky (with replace the main camera) in the new Editor version 5.1.2, still not getting any error message. Can you try version 5.1.2 to see if it still get the same error issue?

I checked the atmospheric scattering from Blacksmith, but have not really dig in deeply with the codes yet. In general, It has been designed and works well only as a static atmosphere. (You just need to bake the sky as a cubemap and apply to it.)
    I don't know any easy way to compatible with it yet if you want it it to support full day/night cycle. It seems that need to modify their scripts and shaders to work with all the uSky settings together.

Btw, Project Mysh, which feature in the Blacksmith atmospheric scattering do you like it most? Scatter Occulsion, support both shader based and image based fog?

I'm planning to improve the uSky scattering fog too, and so far the new prototype is something like the UE4 atmospheric scattering. I will announce the details about it later when it is getting more mature.

Thanks for the video link. Yup I saw that while ago. It is definitely the clouds effect most people wanted.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    sipon, SAOTA and Konst like this.
  29. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Hi Lukymouse,

Thanks for all of your responses.
    Scatter Occlusion is one of the features I want. If you are working on with a prototype similar to UE4 atmospheric scattering is all the features I want.
    Do you have any release date? Will be a separate asset?
    I ask this because I will participate in an indie competition and the deadline for submission is August 31.

Thank you and sorry if I'm bothering you with all this questions.

30. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

That prototype project is using with completely new atmospheric sky that is based on originally Eric Bruneton precomputed sky.
    Im not sure when it will be done. That will be same asset as uSky 2.0 on future.
    It is still on early stage.
    I may see if i can improve current uSky fog.

Which indie competition are you participating ?

31. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Playstation Awards 2015 from spain. It is a competition that takes place every year to find new indie developers. Winning the competition means to be published in the playstation store and have a promotional campaign valued at 200,000 € (apart from sony development kits and a place for work).

Day and night cycle its a final product feature, maybe I will show the project using static lightning (with maybe blacksmiths solution). But if I win the competition I will use your uSky 2.0 because my AI works with routines in Day night cycle.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Luckymouse likes this.
  32. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Hello,

I have looked over the features of this asset and it looks great, I was wondering how would you go about controlling the speed of the change from day to night and vice versa? Such as if I wanted to set my own custom speed, is this a feature you have already included or would this require some scripting?

33. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Do you mean that you need a different speed control between day and night?

At the moment uSky includes only a simple and basic control to run the day/night cycle. It has only one play speed control. If you want to add some extra features that requires some scripting.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  34. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

V1.1.6 available in AssetStore now.
    Key feature:
    Added New Sun and Moon Path offset.

(Please read the _ChangeLog.txt for more details)
    uSky_NorthPole.png
    uSky_v116.png

[Edit]
    Note: After update to this version, you may need to re-apply your Sun Light to uSkyManager in your scene.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    SAOTA and IndieAner3d like this.
  35. stationx

stationx

May i ask: what is uSky doing different then TimeOfDay?

36. crudeMe

crudeMe

@Luckymouse, hey! Waiting for scattering impatiently, keep it up!

And now the problem:
    I'm having an issue with clouds. I use NGUI and secondary camera to render it. Clouds seems to use this ngui camera and are rendering on top of everything. Is there something I'm doing wrong?)

37. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

I think we both do the similar sky effect. Technical speaking, uSky uses just only the skybox to render all the day/night for the sky, sun, moon and milky way cubemap. The clouds renders in a separated hemisphere mesh and stars renders with single spherical billboards mesh.
    TimeOfDay uses multi-skydome (spherical meshes) to render the sky, clouds and stars. Also TimeOfDay uses real world solar/lunar position, that will be add in the future in uSky update.
    By the way, I'm working on completely new version of uSky, it will be announce later.

The sky clouds cached in the layer 12. You can add a name like "SkyClouds" at layer 12 in Layer Edit. Check Off the secondary GUI camera Culling Mask with that layer and Clear Flags should be "Depth Only". So the GUI camera will not render the clouds at all. Please try it and lets me know if it fixed or not.

Following attached a modified "uSkyCloudInspector.cs" script, you can download and replace this in Assets/uSky/Core/Editor folder. This modified script will expose the clouds layer attribute in the inspector, so user can change it to other layer number.
    uSky_cloudLayer.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    crudeMe likes this.
  38. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

yea i was asking about being able to control the speed, i see so it just moves according to the current set speed. Thanks.

39. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

I want to overlay my cystom objects on the skymap, so I expanded uSkybox.shader with one more cubemp:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [NoScaleOffset]        _OverlayCube("Overlay Cubemap", Cube) = "black" {}
    and then I overlay it like so, which works completely fine:

Code (CSharp):
    2. half4 overlayAlbedo = texCUBE (_OverlayCube, IN.spaceTC);
    3. if(overlayAlbedo.a > 0)
    4. inScatter.xyz = overlayAlbedo.xyz;
    6. return half4(inScatter, alpha);
    The problem is - edges of my objecs are very jaggy with this > 0 alpha test solution. Is there some way to blend my top overlay objects smoothly?

SAOTA likes this.
  40. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Well, your "if" statement method will produce very sharpe or jaggy blending for sure. That is not how normally Overlay works, unless you want that jaggy effect.

If your additional texture is bright and just wanna to add the brightness to the sky, you can just use:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _OverlayBlendLevel = ("Overlay Blend Level", float) = 1.0
    2. .
    3. .
    4. inScatter.xyz += overlayAlbedo.xyz * _OverlayBlendLevel;
    Other wise you can try to use the "lerp" function:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. inScatter.xyz = lerp (inScatter.xyz , overlayAlbedo.xyz, overlayAlbedo.a);
    if the overlayAlbedo.a gives you opposite blending, then inverse the lerp order :
    inScatter.xyz = lerp ( overlayAlbedo.xyz, inScatter.xyz, overlayAlbedo.a);

The real overlay term will add both brighness and darkness that defines by grey level of the texture brightness which is 0.5.

There are more sophisticate blend mode method that you can check out the BlendModesOverlay.shader from image effects unity package. There are couple different of the blend mode formulars included in this shader.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  41. NikProductions

NikProductions

How is the new version of uSky going?

SAOTA likes this.
  42. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Hi everyone, I have been extremely busy lately, sorry for late reply.

Here is some brief info that i did so far for the further uSky.
    The back bone of the uSky has been completely integrated with Eric Bruneton's precomputed atmospheric scattering rendering method. I decided to call this new version as "uSkypro". The uSkypro is similar from the Scrawk's atmoshpheric scattering unity project, however uSkypro will procedural generate the precomputed sky data. It is NOT reading from the raw texture data file, that allows user to change the precomputed data in both editor mode and runtime. Also it needs only one layer of the 3D data to work on both skybox and atmospheric scattering (image effects) instead of the 32 layers from original, so saves some texture memory. 1 layer is 256kb, 32 layer = 8Mb (32x 256kb).
    Of course only one layer means you can not fly outside the atmosphere (Space).

The Atmospheric Scattering is working in progress with the basic rendering (similar to Scrawk's version)
    No occlusion implemented yet, I will explain more about working in progress occlusion effect in the upcoming post.
    Links: Web Demo (file size = 1.7mb)

Here is the working in progress screenshot. (Camera height at Y-axis = 250)
    uSkypro_Atmospheric_Scattering.jpg

uSkypro includes new real world sun and moon position, time and location attributes. Right now it has an old "Timeline" and new "Time and Location" controller scripts. I will combine them later, so user can chose which one to use.
    uSkpro time.png

Here is brief explanation for Precoputed data. The "Atmosphere Thinkness" attribute was named follow by unity default skybox, it is same as uSky's "Rayleigh Scattering". UE4 calls it as "Density Height".
    uSkyPro Sample_X1.jpg

I also updated and Improved the Stars shader. it produces better the rendering effect for unity builtin Camera Motion Blur. Here is the screenshot from Stars brightness 2 and 5 with motion blur.
    uSky_StarBrightness2.jpg uSky_StarBrightness5.jpg

About the new uSkypro release date? I'm sure yet. Right now there have still a lot of the function need to be done. Maybe I will publish it as beta later.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  43. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

So, if u say it uSkypro, will it be a separate asset with diferent cost?

44. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

uSkypro will be an upgrade with the current uSky asset package. About the new price I have not totally decided yet. However, Since most of the uSkypro has been completely rewritten, It will need a low upgrade fee around $10 for all current uSky user. The price of the uSkypro itself is $50 or $60 (not sure yet) as a new purchase for new uSky user (They haven't own uSky). So all the current user got 20% to 30% discount. I believe that will be fair for all the preowned and new user. Sounds good?

There are still some more new features (sky clouds and others) that i will announce them later.

45. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

meh, u might as buy time of day now then, it has all this plus way more... i thought this was still in beta kinda, so was waiting on features to be added like atmo, but now ur gonna make a new package pretty unfair tbh...

46. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

Here I wanna show you guys the current process of the occlusion effect. Actually I did a custom screen space occlusion effects around in 2012 / 2013 that before I started uSky. Basically That is a LightShaft Image effects with occlusion, which is an enchanted version of unity SunShafts. It was for my personal project that I never mention it or release it, Should I bother to release this as separate LightShaft asset, should I ? What do you guys think?

This LightShaft is cheaper that compares with the blacksmith's occlusion, I gonna intergrade that occlusion to the Atmospheric Scattering in uSkypro, I will see how well it goes. Other wises I will implement the blacksmith's occlusion.

This LightShaft is based on InfinityBlade 2 in iOS game from early UDK3 engine.
    IB2_GodRays.jpg
    You can check the original technical paper here.

Features:
    - This effects has been optimised to run on mobile platform. Tested on original iPhone 5 (not 5s or 5c) run fully 60fps.
    - It products wider range of the shafts and higher quality of the radial blur effects.
    - It corrected screen width/height aspect, the bloom is always in a radial shape (Not the oval shape) even in very wide screen ratio.
    - Occlusion effects that darken the area of the occlusion objects that products an illusion of volumetric shadow. This occlusion calculates in alpha channel of the original radius blur pass, which minimised the cost and composite it in final pass.

Here is the LightShaft Image effects testing screenshot and Web Demo (file size = 4Mb).
    (Using the only the unity default skybox)
    lightshaft unity5 1.png

Note that this light shaft effect only present when the sun appear in screen space, will fade out near by the screen edge.

[EDIT]
    There are also an advance LightShafts from Robert Cupisz that you can check it out. He uses the ray marching sampling to produce the volumetric shadow effects that not depends on the sun inside the screen or not. However this method is mainly good for interior that you have small window, other wises it will be expensive to render the open space outdoor scene.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  47. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

If u owned uSky for $30 (you paid already) and plus $10, total just $40 for completely new upgrade, uSkypro is still a same asset package from the AssetStore, not a new asset package, just a need a small upgrade free. Sounds still not fair?

[EDIT]
    I'm very open mind with this upgrade fee issue. I wanna hear some more suggestion or feedback about it. This small fee just encourages and supports me to put more time to improve and add new features in upcoming uSky. However if most of the current uSky users think after all the features added in upcoming uSkypro and it still worths only $30. That's fine with me, sure I will make it as a free upgrade, why not.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  48. NikProductions

NikProductions

The fee is reasonable, so I don't think you should make it free.

The update looks amazing, I can't wait for the finished product!

SAOTA and Luckymouse like this.
  49. Karearea

Karearea

Yeah, keep the upgrade price- it's the cost of employing a programmer for less than 15 minutes for continued support and feature updates on a great asset.

Luckymouse likes this.
  50. Karearea

Karearea

BTW, I have high-altitude objects that I want to fog out against the background at a distance, at the moment the only way of doing this is by occluding the skybox with the imageFX fog as described earlier in the thread. While it doesn't look toooo bad in the context of my game, would it be possible to consider a solution to this use case with uSkypro?