Search Unity

[URGENT]MAC App review team rejected because GameKit framework linked!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BBRome, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Setmode

Setmode

Hi, I'm having a problem with @jonas echterhoff solution. When I check my app with verbose=4, that returns the following:

invalid signature (code or signature have been modified)
    In architecture: i386

I use Prime for Store In-Apps ,Unity Social for Game Center and Mac App Store Toolset for codesigning.
    Unity 4.6.4f1

any solution?

2. JJC1138

JJC1138

Hello. I just got a Mac App Store rejection for "The app uses Game Center, however, the app is not linking against the GameKit framework."

I built the game with 5.1.1p3. Should that have worked out of the box, or is the optool workaround still required?

3. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

Built with Unity 5.1.2 p3. Still got rejected for the same reason:
    App has the Game Center entitlement without linking against the GameKit framework.
    So the "Unity 5 will automatically add or remove the GameKit linkage as needed if GameCenter if used or not" seems not working.
    So I'm guessing that Unity didn't manage to detect that I used the Game Center, and it's probably because I'm using a native plugin of OS X?
    To JJC1138, I think we should try the workaround mentioned by Jonas with the GitHub tool. And if Unity guys see this, please give some information on this issue.

JJC1138 likes this.
  4. JJC1138

JJC1138

Hi there. I should have posted again on this thread earlier, but I used optool as described and it worked fine and my game was approved. Another thing I found that was useful is that you can use 'otool -L' on your binary to see what libraries it's linked against to check that optool worked properly.

AdamLiu likes this.
  5. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

This is really good news and thanks for the quick reply. Cheers!

JJC1138 likes this.
  6. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

Just a quick update: Finally, my game is approved by the Mac App Store, and the otool thing worked.

NomadKing and JJC1138 like this.
  7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I just got the opposite; anyone know how to fix:
    The app has the Game Center entitlement without linking against the GameKit framework?

8. JJC1138

JJC1138

So are you not actually using Game Center?

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I'm using game centre and enabled it in OSX build.
    But I do not know how to link to GameKit?

10. JJC1138

JJC1138

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks, will try this but I do not know why this should be a non hack workaround.
    Basically I'm using Prime 31 plugins for game center and they solid and work.
    Using the mac toolkit from asset store, as only one I can find and always worked perfect for myself.
    I have selected Game Center and everything is in the backend.
    Using Unity 4.6.9 final.

So basically Apple telling me it wants to be linked to GameKit, where as other people issue is they got rejected because it is linked to GameKit.

So some confusion caused.

12. JJC1138

JJC1138

Yeah sorry this thread does cover two different issues doesn't it. Either Unity, the Prime 31 plugins, or the Mac App Store Toolkit could implement this workaround, so I wonder if it's a problem with nobody quite being able to decide whose responsibility it is. :)

MrEsquire likes this.
  13. JJC1138

JJC1138

They didn't actually implement that feature in Unity 5 as far as I could tell (I still had to apply the workaround manually with my Unity 5.1-built game).

14. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks for confirming,much appreciated

Just bit annoyed about this, especially when they constantly adding new features to Unity that no one really been demanding or wanting. The deeper problem I assume is not many people making games for Mac and therefore not shouting enough :)

JJC1138 likes this.
  15. Avisingh

Avisingh

Im also facing same problem . Tried to workout through optool buut when i enter commond it shows command not found

16. Avisingh

Avisingh

Any one got solution?????? Please help me

17. JJC1138

JJC1138

Are you specifying the full path to where you built optool?

18. Avisingh

Avisingh

Yes i did ..... to make things clear i dragged and dropped the optool to terminal , and followed the command .

19. Avisingh

Avisingh

The worst case is i cant find GameKit in my Contents/MacOS file through MachOView. Im confused now.

Is the current Unity links the Game Center Dynamically ??? im using unity 4.6.8p3.
    Then that is what the apple want right . So am i going in right direction ?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  20. JJC1138

JJC1138

Unless something has changed recently, the Mac App Store requires you to statically link to GameKit if you use Game Center so we have to do that manually with optool. Can you post the exact command you're running, and the exact error you get?

21. mcmonk

mcmonk

Are there any progress with this issue?

I'm having the same problem, using Unity 5.2.4f1

22. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

The issue is solved, check the thread in iOS section of the forum..

23. Davlin

Davlin

Have been rejected by Apple today. I am using Unity 2018.2

24. VIC20

VIC20

For linking GameKit?

25. Davlin

Davlin

Yes.
    I have achievements in my game.

"We found that your app incorrectly implements sandboxing.

Specifically, we found that your app provides the following functionality but is missing the associated entitlement:

- functionality: Game Center
    - required entitlement: "com.apple.developer.game-center"

26. dmko

dmko

Also getting rejected - is there any way in 2018 to not link game center?

27. u15

u15

We are having same problem app rejected due to

Guideline 2.1 - Performance
    Your app still links against the GameKit framework but does not appear to include Game Center functionality.
    we do not use the game-center feature, I am not sure how the GameKit framework reference gets added to the Mac build. I tried the following command to unlink the GameKit

optool uninstall -c weak -p /System/Library/Frameworks/GameKit.framework/Versions/A/GameKit -t
    <executable_path>​

It says
    Found thin header...
    removing payload from LC_LOAD_DYLIB...
    Successfully removed all entries for /System/Library/Frameworks/GameKit.framework/Versions/A/GameKit​

But on launch app crashes with the following error

Dyld Error Message:
    Symbol not found: _CGSizeZero
    Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/<AppName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<AppName>
    Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
    in /Volumes/VOLUME/*/<AppName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<AppName>

Binary Images:
    0x10959a000 - 0x10a9ca27f +com.myCompany.<AppName>mac (2.24.3 - 2.4) <E38757D2-369B-320C-9BF4-E227CE1CC776> /Volumes/VOLUME/*/<AppName>.app/Contents/MacOS/<AppName>
    0x10b6a3000 - 0x10b823227 +libcrypto.dylib (0) <D43F7432-A41C-30EF-82C3-24F88A58C054> /Volumes/VOLUME/*/<AppName>.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.dylib
    0x10b89d000 - 0x10b8e0fff +libssl.dylib (0) <270A193E-3A31-3AC5-8AD4-AE77B8FDBF99> /Volumes/VOLUME/*/<AppName>.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.dylib
    0x10edc0000 - 0x10ee0aacf dyld (551.4) <8A72DE9C-A136-3506-AA02-4BA2B82DCAF3> /usr/lib/dyld
    0x7fff35b45000 - 0x7fff35d25ff3 com.apple.avfoundation (2.0 - 1536.36) <BB65ED51-CE44-31BD-A6EC-4B1EC5EADDD9> /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/Versions/A/AVFoundation​

28. u15

u15

It looks like Unity added Adds GameKit references to the Mac project by default in the latest version of Unity 2018.2.11f1. I could see the framework references in sample project build with Unity 2018.2.11f1. Where as project built with Unity 2017.4.7.f1 does not have references to GameKit framework by default.

29. GCS_Brian

GCS_Brian

I am also facing the same issue, and receiving exactly the same error (with missing CGSizeZero) when I attempt to strip the library from the app. This is a huge issue for us; I will see if we are able to ship our update with the older version of Unity that u15 suggested. But I sincerely hope this gets resolved quickly.

EDIT: I just saw in the Issue Tracker that they are working on resolving the issue. See https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-room-is-not-used-app-store-rejects-the-build

30. jkampitakis

jkampitakis

We are having the same issue here, we get rejections from Apple because of that!

Is there AT LEAST an older working unity version (NOT 2017.x) that we can build in order to remove these references?

31. ugur

ugur

As info for others who may have this problem, so as workaround until UT releases an editor version with fix:

So the optool fix attempt to remove gamekit from the build (which had worked for older versions it seems) had not worked for me and some others (as it made the build crash on launch afterwards), see posts above, what worked for me (app got through review and works fine when downloaded from app store)

was doing this workaround: https://forum.unity.com/threads/app...reject-by-apple-reviewer.542306/#post-3577490

32. sandeeprana

sandeeprana

REmove 0x and try with the part left.

33. timber-ben

timber-ben

@Maxxxxxx
    hi
    Maxxxxxx , i meet the same question as you meet
    Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisioning profile:'com.apple.developer.game-center'

i saw that you mention that include embedded.provisionprofile in bundle can help ? But i don't know how to include embedded.provisionprofile , can you tell me how to do that or some better solution to share with me?
    Tks

34. i9mobile

i9mobile

Hello everyone... I'm trying to submit a il2cpp MacOS game with Unity 2018.3.14f1 and got the GameKit.framework link problem... Did something change on recent Unity versions ?

May 16, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    From Apple
    • 2. 1 Performance: App Completeness (macOS)
    Guideline 2.1 - Performance

Your app contains the Game Center entitlement, but it does not link against the GameKit framework.

Next Steps

If you would like to include Game Center, please link against the GameKit framework and submit an updated binary.

Resources

For information on Game Center, please review the Game Center Programming Guide.

35. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Same problem in Unity 2020.3.13f1

Are there any workarounds?