Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Update] ObjectGrid3D V1.1

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by XGT08, Nov 25, 2015.

1. XGT08

XGT08

Hello guys,

I wanted to let you know that ObjectGrid3D v1.1 is now available on the Unity Asset Store. These are the main features that have been added:
    • removed 90 degree rotation limitation. You can now rotate your prefabs based on a specified rotation step value which is configurable for each axis individually;
    • added more rotation randomization settings for the Block object placement method. Randomization settings can now be controlled for each axis individually. 2 randomization types can now be used: EntireRange and Step;
    • you can now drag and drop prefab folders onto the prefab drop area. You have the possibility to specify whether or not prefab categories must be created automatically using the folder names;
    • you can now move, rotate and scale the selected objects without having to deselect the grid object in the scene. You can choose the transform space (local or global);
    • added Ellipse selection tool;
    • added a new selection mode: Paint;
    • you can now choose the tile connection pose rotation: PrefabPose or PlacementGuide;
    • you can now reset the rotation of the placement guide to 0 on each axis using shortcut keys;
    Bug fixes:
    • fixed bug which caused some tile connections to be positioned wrong for arbitrary grid orientations (e.g. X:45, Y:45, Z:0);
    • fixed object selection bug. When using a perspective camera, for some camera angles, the objects were not being selected even though they were clearly inside the object selection area;
    • fixed object selection bug. For some perspective camera angles, objects which were not visible on the screen and were sitting behind the camera, were still getting selected;
    • object selection boxes are now drawn as oriented boxes. Previously they were being rendered as AABBs and that was not the intended behavior.
    The next update will bring a lot of changes especially as far as the workflow is concerned. Also, starting with the next update, video tutorials will be available and the documentation will be rewritten from scratch. Until then, please let me know if you have any suggestions about features that you believe might be useful. I will do my best to include them in the next update.

Enjoy!