Search Unity

Untitled Game and Tools [Weekly Updates]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Member123456, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Member123456

Member123456

Welcome to my Devlog!
    This is going to be the place that I upload all the progress I make while learning C# and Unity to complete my first game. Since I am very new to programming and game development, this will be slow going at first, as I will need to do tons of research. I have already started working on some editor tools for Unity and I may perhaps show them off if they become polished enough.

2. Member123456

Member123456

Here is a brief preview of my custom tools I have now. They are not much, but it was good practice for learning about editor scripting.

3. Member123456

Member123456

Time for update number 2! Today we have some basic character movement along with what I believe to be a good camera angle. The camera is in ortho, and I generally really like the look it gives to the environment.

I am controlling this with a X360 controller, and it is using both sticks. The left stick moves the character around the scene and the player faces the direction they are moving. The right stick is an override for look direction so you can look and strafe in any combination as you move about.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. Member123456

Member123456

Back with another update! Definitely been more than a week, but hopefully that will not happen again. I'm still working on how I want the camera to show the player, but things are progressing well. I re-wrote some on my movement and rotation scripting to make it a bit more dynamic. I have also scripted the camera to ease away from the player when they are walking backwards or facing the camera while walking away from it. This will allow you to see things that would normally be out of view due to how close the camera is.

Also just want to give a shout out to the creators of the asset Simple People. Really a great character set to prototype with.
    Simple People By Synty Studios.

Also as another side note...

NOW ON UNITY 5!!!

syntystudios likes this.