Search Unity

Unlimited Golf - 2D Randomly Generated Golf

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MadMonkey119, Feb 14, 2015.

1. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Play the game now on Kongregate! Click me click me!

Unlimited Golf
    is a two dimensional randomly generated golf game currently featuring seven unique course types and infinite holes.

The course types are currently
    1. Plains
    2. Hills
    3. Desert Dunes
    4. Ponds
    5. Forests
    6. Mountains
    7. Extreme Mountains
    Each hole in the randomly generated 9 hole course has a par based on the predicted difficulty of the course, score under par on one course to unlock the next!

Full album OLD PICTURES: http://imgur.com/a/X4YaQ

The game will be releasing first on Android followed shortly by iOS and Windows Phone. The game may also be released on Kongregate. I'm looking to release in the next two weeks but the game will remain "WIP" as I am looking forward to creating new crazy courses as well as improving the game and fixing any bugs that arise.

The game will be $1-2 and have 0 ads and 0 in app purchases.

Play it on kongregate! http://www.kongregate.com/games/CScavone/unlimited-golf

Thanks for checking my game out, post in the thread if you would like to be notified when the game releases!

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. richardh

richardh

Edit: When you say RANDOM generated, do you mean that if I pick say hills, then the first hole will always be different to the last time I played the hills?

That's a really nice game. I played it for quite a while and really enjoyed it. It would be good to have a choice of 9 and 18 holes rounds using the same golf course(s) So that the player can try to improve their score and perhaps have a league table? There is a golf putting game we play at work while we have a few spare minutes. It is an 18 hole putting course and obviously the best score would be 18 (18 holes in one) which so far no-one has achieved but the fun, competition and frustration of trying to do it is the reason we keep playing.

I think you have a good system setup there with the white strength bar but you could also add maybe a graphic of the strength - sort of like a min / max energy bar that fills up as you click and pull back the mouse? That way the player can judge how much strength they used last time they tried the shot and adjust to improve. Also maybe an angle indicator?

I like games like this as they are quick to play but also require skill that you learn the more you play.

Nice sound effects too.

well done.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    MadMonkey119 likes this.
  3. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Yes, the holes are random within constraints. If you pick the hills course type you get a different course each time, however since the par is adjusted based on the difficulty of the hole/course your score is always relative.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, I will consider adding 18 hole courses but would have to display the best scores in a different location than the 9 hole versions. I'm glad to hear you and your coworkers compete for the best score, I would love for players of this game to do something similar and all aim for the best score of 9 shots.

The white shot line will turn red when it is at max power. I don't plan to display any more information about the shot to players as I don't want to lower the difficulty of shooting/overload the player with information.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  5. Serinx

Serinx

It's pretty fun to play, the ball in hole sound is very satisfying XD I also like the fireworks for a hole in 1.

I found a "cheat" (not sure if it's intentional), If you right click you can hit the ball again before it stops. Found this out when I got stuck in a tree!

MadMonkey119 likes this.
  6. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Glad to hear you like the sounds and fireworks!

That was an unintentional bug, good catch! I have now fixed it and balls can no longer get stuck in trees, thanks!

7. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Added some nice little text that is displayed for a few seconds after putting the ball into the hole.

Also, hills now properly block the wind!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  8. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Released a rather silly trailer as the game's release nears and I assemble a press kit.

9. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

10. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Started creating a stats screen and started saving stats on just about everything because I always like to look at that kind of stuff in games.

Disregard to 207 bogeys bug, that has been fixed.

11. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Haven't had a ton of time to work on the game in the last two weeks or so. I've been awfully busy with school and I devoted this last weekend to Pax East! I showed the game to a few people at the convention and got a pretty good response!

I did redo the menu icons with fancy new art, added shadows, and prettified the menus.

12. richardh

richardh

I love the colours and the clean, neat layout. It all looks very professional and polished. Very well done.

MadMonkey119 likes this.
  13. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Polished and clean is exactly what I was going for.

14. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119

15. MadMonkey119

MadMonkey119