Search Unity

Unknown argument: Blackberry

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Thickney, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Thickney

Thickney

So I have everything set up to test on my device. I can build just fine, but when I do a Build and Run the console spits out this very unhelpful log error:

Error: Unknown argument: Blackberry

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I've been scouring the web for any mention of this error and I've found nothing. What am I missing? I've also been trying to manually send the bar file to the device using the blackberry-deploy tool, but no luck there either.

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Is there any more to the log error stack? Also, is it possible that you're referencing "Blackberry" somewhere in your code instead of "BlackBerry" and the case sensitivity is getting you?

3. Thickney

Thickney

Nope, that's the entire message from the console log. I'm not referencing Blackberry anywhere in my own code. It shows up in a few NGUI scripts but not as "Blackberry" exactly. It's always the preprocessor flag UNITY_BLACKBERRY or RunTimePlatform.BlackBerryPlayer.

4. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Interesting. Could you submit a bug report and include your project? Does this happen with an empty project or just what you're working on?

5. Thickney

Thickney

Sure. This is getting really weird actually. So everything works just fine with an empty project, but if I take my current project and delete everything in Assets it still gives me the error. There's nothing left, it's effectively an empty project, but I still get that error.

One thing I did notice is that in Unity's header bar with "Unity - Scene Name - Project Name - Platform" it displays something like "BlackBerry <DX11 on DX9 GPU>" for the empty project and simply "BlackBerry" on my project.

6. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I just done a build for BlackBerry on the latest release and get random crashes, the solution for me was to build using the latest 4.3 release, there seems to be a bug in 4.5 that affects NGUI.

7. Thickney

Thickney

Interesting. I had this problem initially with 4.3.4 f1 and figured it would've been fixed in 4.5. No crashing though, just unable to launch the build on the device. I think my best bet may be just to wait it out, assuming the wizards at Unity can get this patched up relatively soon.

8. Thickney

Thickney

Just some extra information: I managed to progress on my Macbook Air. I made a backup of the RIM signing files on Windows (since that's what tripped me up on Mac before) and did a restore on the Mac. When I do a build and run now I still get an error, but instead of the previous error message I now get (doing File->Build and Run):

Error: Unknown argument: Build

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

I have the platform switched to Blackberry in Unity, the device is set up in Blackberry Link, Developer mode is on, all that jazz.

9. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Just wanted to follow up on this. Thickney, do you have a case number for this issue so I can check in on it?

10. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hey, are you sure there is communication between the device and Unity3d, blackberry is hard to setup on Unity, I got a mac also and got it to work after some time and cannot remember if I had similar messages, on your phone does it say the test token is uploaded after developer mode enabled, if the token is not on phone will not work..

11. Thickney

Thickney

The case number is 615960.

It's definitely set up properly. Dev mode is on and the debug token is uploaded so there shouldn't be communication problems. Setting up a new empty project and plugging in the same debug token, device address, etc builds and runs just fine on the device. It's something in my current project that Unity doesn't seem to like, even after all plugins and assets are removed.

12. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I've been running into this problem with various plugins. The have #if statements for various Unity versions. They look for the (e.g.) BlackBerry version via RuntimePlatform like this:

If this is an old version of Unity look for RuntimePlatform.BB10Player but if this is a new version of unity look for RuntimePlatform.BlackBerryPlayer.

BUT some plugins haven't updated their #if statements for the latest version...they still look for RuntimePlatform.BB10Player but it doesn't exist and we get an error because that plugin should be looking for RuntimePlatform.BlackBerryPlayer.