Search Unity

Unity3D login with Ruby on Rails protect_from_forgery

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by KenSyuu, Jul 29, 2014.

1. KenSyuu

KenSyuu

Hi all,

I have recently tried to write a login with rails, and after a few googles I've got this.

On server side

class ApplicationController < ActionController::Base
    protect_from_forgery
    end

At client side, the Unity3D C#

string json = "{\"id\":\"" + id + "\", \"pw\":\"" + pw + "\"}";
    Hashtable postHeader = new Hashtable();
    postHeader.Add("Content-Type", "application/json");
    WWW www = new WWW(mainUrl + "login/", System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(json), postHeader);

I then run my script, and I can successfully connect and login,
    but at the windows console, there is a warning

WARNING: Can't verify CSRF token authenticity

Hence I am not sure if my login is actually checked by protect_from_forgery, or it is simply ignored and bypass the checking. How could I ensure that my login is protected?

Thanks all in advance :)

2. wccrawford

wccrawford

protect_from_forgery adds another field to the login form. You need to also return that field, with the value the server provided, in order to authenticate successfully.

3. KenSyuu

KenSyuu

Hi wccrawford,

I see that it added two meta tags in the form

<meta content="authenticity_token" name="csrf-param">
    <meta content="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" name="csrf-token">

Did you mean I have to include these two field when I am posting my request to the server?
    I have tried below as well:

postHeader.Add("X-CSRF-Token", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");
    postHeader.Add("CSRF-Token", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");

string json = "{\"id\":\"" + id + "\", \"pw\":\"" + pw + "\", \"authenticity_token\":\"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\"}";

But none of above solves the can't verify issue. Have I done something wrong?
    Thanks again! :)

4. wccrawford

wccrawford

That looks correct to me. I'm not sure what's going wrong. Sorry I can't help more.