Search Unity

Unity3 Problems Fresh Install

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by devinrayolsen, Oct 10, 2010.

1. devinrayolsen

devinrayolsen

I have tried to install unity3 several times now, and each time I get this error upon the editor opening up.

<RI.Hid> Failed to get value caps (0xc0110004).
    rc.right != m_GfxWindow->GetWidth() || rc.bottom != m_GfxWindow->GetHeight()

Also in one of my levels from unity 2.6, some of the models and all terrains (new or old) are all pink.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. devinrayolsen

devinrayolsen

Bump:: Please, anyone?
    This is getting very bad people, I cant save any work I do cause of this error!

Again, fresh install with a brand new project!

Running Win7.
    8800GTS x2 with latest graphic drivers (new drivers installed while trying to trouble shoot this further.)

3. andeeeee

andeeeee

Does the error message actually seem to cause any problems (crash, failed functionality, etc)? The only existing occurrence I can find in the bug database is thought to be related to joysticks or similar devices attached to the computer. If you have any joysticks plugged in, then see if removing them makes any difference. If not, it is probably a new bug.

As for the pink areas, this is possibly down to shader errors or the texture format used by the normal maps. If you can eliminate shader errors (ie, no messages in the console about them) then try reimporting the texture assets. The reason for this is that the texture format Unity uses was updated for 3.0 and so existing texture assets can cause problems. Also, if you are accessing assets from asset bundles, then these should be rebuilt for 3.0 for the same reason.

4. devinrayolsen

devinrayolsen

Well the error / not being able to save, and then the pink textures problem are two entirely different problems.

I am mainly focused on why I cant get the editor to work / stop that error on a brand new project and fresh install (tried installing like 10 times now).

I have no game devices plugged in or even installed on my PC. Its just weird and no rhyme or reason for it. There is another thread floating around here that a number of other people have the same error and issue. So it looks like its not an isolated issue anymore.

5. TheCheese

TheCheese

Bump!

I'm getting this error too - it seems to have started when I was writing a script to extend the editor. I've since deleted the script and moved on to other projects, but the error keeps coming up.

I haven't noticed it preventing me from saving or anything, but it is an annoyance -

6. MeinLeben

MeinLeben

[solution] Maybe a bit to old to reply to this post, but I had the same problem today, and fixed it by changing to another layout.

7. Android324

Android324

I get that error when I lock + unlock win(windows 7) ; my guess is that there are some incompatibilities between unity / windows sounds management(I think this because the " GetThreadContext failed" error can be fixed by disable network card + start unity+ enable network card....so I wouldn't be surprised to get rid of your error by tweaking the win sounds management :D )

8. chiako

chiako

Pink models means that the texture assigned to the model is missing. try to re-assign your texture to those model