Search Unity

Unity wont load scripts after update

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by sobek, Aug 19, 2014.

1. sobek

sobek

Hi
    I have been working in project for a very long time. The project includes both the asset "Playmaker" and the asset "Scene manager". For about two months ago i decided to start working on a new unity project, so i updated unity and and start developing this new project.
    Today i decided to go back to the previous project that i was working on before. I first opened it up and Unity told me that I need to upgrade the project in order to run it in the updated Unity. So I pressed ok. When I opened the project, the game won't run. It contains a lot of error messages which all seems to freer to something called "Tooltip"
    The first error one the list goes:
    If i click at an object, there are error messages next to each script in the inspector which says that "The associated script could not be loaded. Please fix compile error and assign a valid script." See picture!

Does anyone know how to get around these errors? or what possible can be wrong?
    Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

2. LightStriker

LightStriker

Update your PlayMaker. They would probably rename their class, or you can force an explicit use of a specific attribute;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [HutongGames.PlayMaker.TooltipAttribute("Some Text")]

TonyLi likes this.
  3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Here's the explanation straight from Hutong Games, the developer of PlayMaker.

I see that Scene Manager was last updated on July 23, so the latest version might fix the issue. If not, you may need to contact them.

4. elmar1028

elmar1028

Never.Ever.Update Unity while you have an existing project!

I suggest you to fall back to the previous version of Unity and errors should quit. When I updated my Unity my project had some bugs not errors but Unity bugs! Console didn't tell me anything at all.

5. sobek

sobek

Thanks for the replies. I tried to update both playmaker and scene manager with no results.

Elmar: Good point. Unfortunatly i was developing for iOS and were unable to build the file in Xcode. So i updated both unity and Xcode and started of with the new project, and I had no longer any problems with Xcode, but then i found out that weren't able to run my old project :/

I will to contact the developers of scene manager and ask for advice.

LightStriker: And don't really follow, were should i write that code and what will it do?

6. LightStriker

LightStriker

Any place where you used [Tooltip]. If it comes from stuff within PlayMaker, you got to update it.