Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Web Player Refuses to Update

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by crono23, Aug 22, 2014.

1. crono23

crono23

I tried downloading the Web Player from the regular download site but when I clicked the "download" button it just redirected me to this link: "http://webplayer.unity3d.com/download_webplayer-3.x/webplayer-mini.dmg" but nothing happend and the page was filled with weird and unnecessary symbols stretching down a few pages.

Since I couldn't download it from the official download site I tried downloading it from softonic and it seemed to work (the .dmg file was the same as it should have been and all) but upon completing the installation process I quitted Firefox, restarted my computer but it still hasn't updated Unity.

So what do I do?

2. freerun

freerun

3. crono23

crono23

Yes I tried downloading it from there. But as I said before nothing happend and I was redirected to a page full of random symbols.

4. freerun

freerun

Seems to be an issue with your browser. Use the latest Chrome or Firefox.

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Your browser seems to be showing you the contents of the DMG instead of downloading it to your hard drive. DMG files are installer packages. Once the DMG is on your hard drive, you can double click it to start the install process.

6. crono23

crono23

I checked the Firefox website but it specifically said I have the latest version.

I'm kinda confused here. Are you saying that upon opening the .dmg file it just shows me the contents of it and not starting the install process? If so then it DID work and start the install process like every other .dmg file I've ever used. But nothing seems to happen upon ending the installation process. I tried restarting my computer after the installation but it just wouldn't update.

7. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Me too. Your original post suggested that your browser was showing the contents of the DMG in the web page rather than downloading it. If you have managed to download the DMG, open it, and launch the installer, then you'd have a folder at:

Code (csharp):
    1. /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Unity Web Player.plugin/

8. crono23

crono23

Yes I did download it and try installing it. But even tho it said the installation completed succesfull I still haven't found any plugin in that folder.

9. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

That's the system Library folder at the root of your hard drive. What do you have in the Internet Plug-Ins folder?

10. crono23

crono23

Just some stupid Roblox thing that I deleted just now since it has no use.

And after deleting it I tried installing Unity once more. No results and the folder stays empty.

11. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Hmm. Just to be absolutely sure we're on the same page, this is:

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

and not

~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins