Search Unity

Unity Web Player on IIS Hosting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by shaun, May 4, 2007.

1. shaun

shaun

I'm not sure if this is affecting others, but if your hosting provider is using Windows IIS, it wont natively recognize the *.unityweb MIME type.

To workaround this issue (its pretty hackish), just rename your *.unityweb file to a *.jpg and update the references in your HTML page. The "data file not found" message will disappear and your project will magically work ;)

Cheers
    Shaun

ps. If you have access to IIS config, just add the MIME type. Check this post:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=5077

2. VICTOM

VICTOM

Grr... mime types!

Good to know but, it would be better if the host would
    add the mime type to the server.

Cheers,

3. zumwalt

zumwalt

Depending on your host, you can update your mime types associated with your webspace. Thats what I did with mine.

4. Deadity

Deadity

This is how you solve the problem if your hosting service doesn't have the correct mime type defined.

Make a file in notepad and name it "web.config" (the file type is .config, and the name of the file is web). Write this in the file:

Code (csharp):
    2. <configuration>
    3.     <system.webServer>
    4.         <staticContent>
    5.            <mimeMap fileExtension=".unity3d" mimeType="application/vnd.unity" />
    6.         </staticContent>
    7.     </system.webServer>
    8. </configuration>
    Place this file in the same folder as your webplayer.unity3d and WebPlayer.html files

Try to load the player from your webpage. If it still doesn't load, then remove all your browser history.

If it still doesn't work then you need to ask your hosting service nicely to allow ".unity3d" files. Tell them that the mime type is "application/vnd.unity"

You are welcome.

LooMan91 likes this.
  5. vargonian

vargonian

Thanks Deadity, this saved me during a Ludum Dare competition.

6. DigitalDuane

DigitalDuane

6 months later same problem! Thanks.... I've tried all other fixes. Problem persists. Sending message to GoDaddy now.
    Keep typing finger crossed!

7. ikky68

ikky68

This worked for me, many thanks.